Windows Reset interrupted and laptop is now stuck in boot loop

Discus and support Windows Reset interrupted and laptop is now stuck in boot loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, I have a 2011 Dell XPS L502X laptop with Windows 10. I upgraded to Windows 10 from a genuine Windows 8 license I had during the initial free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vignesh247, Jul 6, 2018.

1. vignesh247 Win User

Hi All,

I have a 2011 Dell XPS L502X laptop with Windows 10. I upgraded to Windows 10 from a genuine Windows 8 license I had during the initial free upgrade period.

To fix some issue I was trying to Reset the PC but didn't notice the power cord wasn't connected. Laptop switched off in between the reset process and now it is stuck in boot loop. I can create a bootable USB and do a fresh install but I'm not sure how to activate the laptop. I have the product key email from Microsoft for Windows 8 but since I upgraded to Win 10 I'm not sure if that is still a valid one. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Vignesh

:)

vignesh247, Jul 6, 2018
  2. VinceSantos123 Win User

Laptop Reset Loop

I decided to reset my laptop that i am using using an hdmi, because of broken lcd, i fully reset the laptop then when it turned on its stuck on a loop 64 % installation then restarts, then does the loop over and over again everytime i boot it up. is there
    a fix for this? i use this laptop for programming so its important to me.

VinceSantos123, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Phillip Pio Win User
    Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Ian Loy Patriarca Win User

Boot loop after reset

I can't get it to boot from the USB--not even on a Windows CD. Neither do the other suggestions work. I'm just really stuck at the loading screen and BSOD loop.

Really frustrated at this point.

Gonna just set this laptop aside until I decide to have it fixed by a professional.

But thanks though

Ian Loy Patriarca, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Reset interrupted and laptop is now stuck in boot loop - Similar Threads - Reset interrupted laptop

2. Reset tablet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset tablet: i bought a surface tablet but had to head down to the shop to exchange for a new one due to over heating issues. The salesman gave me a new device and did a reset to my old device but i did not manage to see through the entire reset process. Upon reaching home, i login...
  3. How do I reset my system tray without the traynotify key, which appears to be nonexistent?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I reset my system tray without the traynotify key, which appears to be nonexistent?: Normally, the system tray "icon stream" works fine, with no need for administrator intervention, but occasionally the stream can get corrupted. Normally, though, fixing this is as simple as deleting the icon stream and past icon stream keys located in the registry at...
  4. Wrong used space and impossible update after reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong used space and impossible update after reset: Hi there. I recently reset my windows install I can't get it up to date anymore. It is stuck on the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803, with each percent taking several hours. A maybe related issue is that the used space seems to wrong as in this screenshot: [img]...
  5. Win10 Reset This PC/Recovery Drive fails, overwrites wrong drive!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Reset This PC/Recovery Drive fails, overwrites wrong drive!: System: Lenovo Thinkpad P51, 2 drives, 1 x NVMe, 1 x HDD. I replaced the NVMe drive and attempted to reinstall Windows using a USB Recovery drive created on this system before any problems. This failed and would have resulted in data loss if I didn't have other backups....
  6. Will resetting Windows 10 save all my photos, files, and such?

Will resetting Windows 10 save all my photos, files, and such?: hi. My pc is super slow and it cant even open any programs so I thought about resetting it. The problem is that I have several thousand of important photos and college work that cant be erased. I have some of my dash board and others are on my Window Driver C since it has...
  7. Wi-Fi Network Adapter randomly disconnecting and resetting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi Network Adapter randomly disconnecting and resetting: I have a Lenovo B50-30 Touch laptop with a Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter. For about a year, I've had this issue where I'm connected to the Wi-Fi with no issues at all, then suddenly I get disconnected and I don't get reconnected automatically. When I go...
  8. Pin reset in Windows10 update, error 0x8007054f

Pin reset in Windows10 update, error 0x8007054f: My laptop just went through an update and it says that my pin was reset (which is the only way I have been logging in. I have no password that I know of.) Another post with the same error message of 0x8007054f said to download and run the Update Troubleshooter. But I cannot...
  9. Defualt settings keep resetting to default....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defualt settings keep resetting to default....: I utilize Adobe Acrobat on a daily basis... more along the lines of around 100+ times a day, I'm opening PDF docs. Originally, Microsoft Edge was set for the default PDF viewer and web browser. I've gone into default setting and I've changed my PDF viewer to Adobe and Firefox...
  10. Can't Reset My PC! and Various Problems!!

Can't Reset My PC! and Various Problems!!: Hi, So the problem is that I want to Reset my PC and Start Fresh! but I CAN'T.....' When i use the built in Settings app to Reset My PC, they tell me that they 'Could not find the Recovery Environment"......... So i created a Recovery drive from a different computer since...