Windows 10: Windows Reset Is Asking For Admin Password

Discus and support Windows Reset Is Asking For Admin Password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a laptop where the internet stopped working (both WiFi and Ethernet). I went through the standard troubleshooting procedures I found on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marko S, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Marko S Win User

Windows Reset Is Asking For Admin Password

Hello,

I have a laptop where the internet stopped working (both WiFi and Ethernet). I went through the standard troubleshooting procedures I found on here and had no luck. My next step is to do a Windows reset on the laptop. I go into security settings and windows reset, however when I get to the blue screen and click on reset this PC, another screen comes up with the Admin username and asking for the password. I am logged into the administrator account on the computer with the administrator password, and that same password does not work at this screen. I have no other password that are for any other administrator accounts.

I have also tried to do a windows restore through an automatic restore point, but that also keeps failing.

:)

Marko S, Jul 4, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 4, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 4, 2018
  4. freeboy Win User

admin password?

my repair windows install keeps failing due to "what is admin password" ?
    How do I either find it? It is my computer and Ia am the admin or change it? this is for disk D and It is booting from c...

freeboy, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Reset Is Asking For Admin Password - Similar Threads - Reset Asking Admin

2. Reset Admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Admin password: I am the Admin controller of my daughters laptop but I have forgotten my password. I can't find anywhere where I can reset it. HELP !!!! I need to update a few things and add an app. HELP....how do I resent the password for the Admin User Control ???...
  3. Reset Admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Admin password: I am the Admin controller of my daughters laptop but I have forgotten my password. I can't find anywhere where I can reset it. HELP !!!! I need to update a few things and add an app. HELP....how do I resent the password for the Admin User Control ???...
  4. After reset asking for admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After reset asking for admin password: Hi allI'm in the UK and have Lenovo Miix which is surplus to requirements so was planning on wrong wiping and ebaying. I have reset it, but it now asks for an admin name and password. I have owned this from new and only my login details have been on there, so I assume I'm the...
  5. After reset asking for admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After reset asking for admin password: Hi allI'm in the UK and have Lenovo Miix which is surplus to requirements so was planning on wrong wiping and ebaying. I have reset it, but it now asks for an admin name and password. I have owned this from new and only my login details have been on there, so I assume I'm the...
  6. After reset asking for admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Admin password reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin password reset: Hello So I am able to login into my account hence when I try to make changes and install need programs an admin sign in window pops out I forgot what password I set it as Any ideas Thank you submitted by /u/513111111 [link] [comments]...
  8. Admin password asked twice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin password asked twice: Each time I change a user setting, the admin password is required twice. For example, when doing any changes to DNS - DoH. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-asked-twice/8f5dc88e-096e-44dd-b8bd-bd154daa928f
  9. Hosts asking for admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hosts asking for admin password: Good afternoon! I need help... I was trying to block a particular website like youtube, facebook or anything (windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts) but when I saved it..... admin password suddenly pops up. I didn't even put password on my laptop. And I turned off "Password...
  10. reset admin password

in Windows 10 Support
    reset admin password: How do i reset the administrator password? Ive tried all the ones Ive used before and it keeps telling me the password is wrong. Is it possible something is wrong with the user profile for the administrator? I tried creating a password reset disk using my flash drive; but;...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft asks for password reset

2. windows asks for administrator password

3. reset ask for password