Windows 10: Windows reset itself, but everything was restored after a restart

Discus and support Windows reset itself, but everything was restored after a restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a laptop with a 10th Gen Intel Core processor running Windows 10 version 21H1. There is only one account on it. When I logged into my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ground Sloth, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Windows reset itself, but everything was restored after a restart

I have a laptop with a 10th Gen Intel Core processor running Windows 10 version 21H1. There is only one account on it. When I logged into my laptop this morning, it was as if Windows had reset itself. Apps had reinstalled themselves (removing any personalization), and all my personal files were missing. However, after a restart, everything was restored. What in the world could have possibly happened? - - - Updated - - - The only thing I can think of is that for some reason Windows logged me into a temporary account, but I received no notification that I had been logged into a temporary account.

:)

Ground Sloth, Jun 26, 2021
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jun 26, 2021
  3. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Jun 26, 2021
  4. Windows reset itself, but everything was restored after a restart

little cat, Jun 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows reset itself, but everything was restored after a restart

1. Windows reset itself, but everything was restored after a restart - Similar Threads - reset itself everything

2. My windows 11 PC reset itself, and everything is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 PC reset itself, and everything is gone: My windows laptop reset itself and I need to get everything back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-11-pc-reset-itself-and-everything-is/0313814c-3b1a-4a96-b825-301d0f03c6d3
  3. My windows 11 PC reset itself, and everything is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 11 PC reset itself, and everything is gone: My windows laptop reset itself and I need to get everything back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-11-pc-reset-itself-and-everything-is/0313814c-3b1a-4a96-b825-301d0f03c6d3
  4. Everything is gone after restart

Everything is gone after restart: Last night, I opened my computer to see the blue screen saying that my computer had encountered a problem and needed to restart and said it will collect the info and would restart it for me. Once it reached 100%, it stayed like that for a very long time. Now I usually...
  5. Restore everything on the home screen after restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore everything on the home screen after restart?: I'm remotely helping my aging parents on a weekly basis with really frustrating and simple issues of accidentally deleted shortcuts to apps, magnification settings in the Web browser etc and it's driving me crazy because they keep forgetting what they did wrong. If I search...
  6. Everything resets EVERYTIME I restart!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything resets EVERYTIME I restart!: Hey all, So the issue is, that one day out of nowhere, without warning, all my settings were wiped out and somehow defaulted to the standard Microsoft build. So that sucked, but all in all it only affected the way the computer looked, didn't really care for it. However,...
  7. Everything resets EVERYTIME I restart!

Everything resets EVERYTIME I restart!: Hey all, So the issue is, that one day out of nowhere, without warning, all my settings were wiped out and somehow defaulted to the standard Microsoft build. So that sucked, but all in all it only affected the way the computer looked, didn't really care for it. However,...
  8. Everything resets EVERYTIME I restart!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows resets itself, but everything is restored after a restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows resets itself, but everything is restored after a restart: I have a laptop with a 10th Gen Intel Core processor running Windows 10 version 21H1. There is only one account on it. When I logged into my laptop this morning, it was as if Windows had reset itself. Apps had reinstalled themselves (removing any personalization), and all my...
  10. Why is my desktop/computer resetting itself after restarting??

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is my desktop/computer resetting itself after restarting??: I tend to change things around sometimes (like pictures, icons) on my desktop and occasionally my computer freezes, usually during a game or something. Upon restarting, it seems like Windows reverts the desktop to what it looked like a couple of hours ago, before I had...