Windows 10: Windows Reset itself to factory; My C: Drive was saved. How do i revert back to normal?

Discus and support Windows Reset itself to factory; My C: Drive was saved. How do i revert back to normal? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Please help I’m having a hard time figuring this out if someone can please help me it’s very important I need all those files and everything back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Highway2home, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Windows Reset itself to factory; My C: Drive was saved. How do i revert back to normal?

Please help I’m having a hard time figuring this out if someone can please help me it’s very important I need all those files and everything back to how it was yesterday

submitted by /u/Highway2home
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Highway2home, Dec 11, 2019

2. Save files before resetting to factory settings

Hi Camille, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the steps:

Advanced Options - Automatic Repair screen - Command Prompt. Type there ‘notepad.exe’.

Notepad window –click on File. Open to locate the files that you’d like to copy to the USB.

Plug in the USB device to the USB port. Copy the files and folders that you want to save. Paste them in a new folder on the USB drive. Safe you the files you need repeating the above steps.

Once done, proceed with resetting your PC to factory settings.

NighthawkX, Dec 11, 2019
  3. ShinAkka Win User
    Changing Default Save Location Reverts Back to C: drive

IS_21,

That unfortunately doesn't work for me. The issue is the second I select my E: Drive for Save New Apps it immediately reverts it to the C: Drive upon clicking apply. I can select my C: and D: drive no problem. But my E: Drive that I need it to save to will
    not apply for some reason.

ShinAkka, Dec 11, 2019
  4. stanroy Win User

Windows Reset itself to factory; My C: Drive was saved. How do i revert back to normal?

Reset Acer Travelmate to factory settings

Hi all, I have an Acer Travelmate with Win10 (1607), I would like to save Win 10 to a stick, then reset the laptop back to factory settings and then reinstall Win10. There is no program on the laptop that requires saving. Any advice or suggestions, not to technical, would be very much appreciated, thanks Roy

stanroy, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows Reset itself to factory; My C: Drive was saved. How do i revert back to normal?

1. Windows Reset itself to factory; My C: Drive was saved. How do i revert back to normal? - Similar Threads - Reset itself factory

2. How do I revert Surround Display back to normal expanded display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I revert Surround Display back to normal expanded display: How do I revert Surround Display back to normal expanded display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-revert-surround-display-back-to-normal/3005e314-7f5d-4946-ad95-83cc0d8ca3f4
  3. How do I revert Surround Display back to normal expanded display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I revert Surround Display back to normal expanded display: How do I revert Surround Display back to normal expanded display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-revert-surround-display-back-to-normal/3005e314-7f5d-4946-ad95-83cc0d8ca3f4
  4. How do I revert my Downloads folder back to normal?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I revert my Downloads folder back to normal?: I changed the location of the downloads folder and now its my d drive. How do I revert this back to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-revert-my-downloads-folder-back-to-normal/d16d17cf-6437-40c4-9cb4-b2cb9825ac96
  5. Accidentally factory reset my PC, how do I go back to previous save of my Windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally factory reset my PC, how do I go back to previous save of my Windows?: I tried factory resetting my Virtual Machine but it somehow reset my actual PC and now everything is gone. How do I go back the state my computer was in before the reset? Like how do I get all my files and stuff back or are they all gone?...
  6. how do I reset my computer back to factory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I reset my computer back to factory settings: I want to reset my computer to factory settings in order to sell it. How do I do that??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-computer-back-to-factory/c340b07b-66d5-4272-90f6-7f2bbacc0590
  7. Wtf is this and how do I get back to my factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wtf is this and how do I get back to my factory reset: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/redbaron363636 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jmizls/wtf_is_this_and_how_do_i_get_back_to_my_factory/
  8. Factory reset system without reverting back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory reset system without reverting back to windows 7: I upgraded my PC from windows 7 to Windows 10 and i want to factory reset my system ,I want to know a way through which my windows 10 don't revert back to windows 7 and my data except the system files is deleted .Here are some option which i've selected and i'm not sure if...
  9. How do I revert my icons to the normal versions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I revert my icons to the normal versions: Around 4 months ago I was customising windows, I had changed my icons to this theme called "Nord Icon Theme" of course before I did this I made a restore point. But right now I want the original windows icon theme because of how many bugs the icon theme causes. I am looking...
  10. Reverting Back To Factory Default

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reverting Back To Factory Default: Do to a bad install to windows10 version 1803, I had to revert back to the factory default - windows version 1607. How do I go about updating windows to bring it up to date. Should I allow the version 1803 to install again? 110328