Windows 10: Windows reset itself without asking. Lost all my data. This was not due to an update....

Discus and support Windows reset itself without asking. Lost all my data. This was not due to an update.... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows reset itself without asking. Lost all my data. This was not due to an update. Please assist In recovery. Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by crl2004_780, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Windows reset itself without asking. Lost all my data. This was not due to an update....

Windows reset itself without asking. Lost all my data. This was not due to an update. Please assist In recovery. Thank you

:)

crl2004_780, Jun 10, 2019

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Windows reset itself without asking. Lost all my data. This was not due to an update.... :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows reset itself without asking. Lost all my data. This was not due to an update....

ALL MY FILES ARE GONE AFTER UPDATE

Hi,

The issue that you are experiencing can be due to data/file corruption. For us to isolate why the issue is happening, we would like to ask for additional information:

• How did you update the computer automatically through Windows update or via Media Creation Tool?
    • Is the issue happening only on a specific folder (with sub-folder) on your Desktop?

Furthermore, as an initial troubleshooting we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Find lost files after the update to Windows 10. It consists of information on how we can locate your files.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows reset itself without asking. Lost all my data. This was not due to an update....

1. Windows reset itself without asking. Lost all my data. This was not due to an update.... - Similar Threads - reset itself without

2. Lost all my Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost all my Data: Hi AllLast evening on 23.10.23, there was a new auto -Update for my surface laptop and after that it prompted me for Bit-Locker Recovery ID. Infact i bought my surface about 3-4 years back and moved to the UK. I dont have the Recovery ID and unfortunately i havent stored...
  3. Lost all my Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost all my Data: Hi AllLast evening on 23.10.23, there was a new auto -Update for my surface laptop and after that it prompted me for Bit-Locker Recovery ID. Infact i bought my surface about 3-4 years back and moved to the UK. I dont have the Recovery ID and unfortunately i havent stored...
  4. Lost all my Data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. data lost due to incorrect update

data lost due to incorrect update: On my acer windows 10 laptop it was asking for updates. After I ran update and restart, it ran a diagnostic repair and did not boot correctly. I had to restore the laptop using backup restore driveUSB which I had created immediately after first using the laptop. But now all...
  6. Reset windows and lost data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset windows and lost data: I reset my computer without backing up the content library on FL Studio which has all of my recordings. I made sure to reset but to keep my files and FL Studio wasnt even one of the programs the reset listed would be deleted. When i did the reset i downloaded fl studio and...
  7. Lost all my data

Lost all my data: Hi I had the issue of logging on my windows 10 account and i got the message saying "you've been signed out of the profile and logged on a temporary profile". I checked for solutions online and one was to edit registry and deleted temp user registry rename the one with...
  8. Lost all my data due to the last update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost all my data due to the last update.: This happened nearly an hour ago. Windows automatically installed it's recent update while booting and destroyed all my data (software, docs, photos), there are just a few apps left. Started a system recovery which failed. Did this happen to anybody else? Has Windows...
  9. Lost data due to worthless update

Lost data due to worthless update: I was stupid. I let updates be installed when they were available. This time what I got back was a machine with all my settings ad most of my data fucked up. when I did the reboot after the update I had nothing. Most data was gone and I lost all my web addresses. I was...
  10. Lost data due to recent Microsoft update

Lost data due to recent Microsoft update: Latest update last night removed ALL my data from my document and picture folder. What the heck? How do restore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data-due-to-recent-microsoft-update/5ec2c295-2401-48c8-8f4c-1f745de31def"