Windows 10: Windows reset - keep my files didn't uninstall programs it was meant to?

Discus and support Windows reset - keep my files didn't uninstall programs it was meant to? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I was having "denied access" issues to my drives, I couldn't open USB memory sticks, Sd cards, I wasn't even allowed to open discs Which now my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NerdCake, Feb 21, 2021.

1. NerdCake Win User

Windows reset - keep my files didn't uninstall programs it was meant to?

So I was having "denied access" issues to my drives, I couldn't open USB memory sticks, Sd cards, I wasn't even allowed to open discs Which now my drive isn't reading discs but that's another issue I can fix

So after searching and trying countless methods I decided to just do a windows reset but keep my files. Which removed the access denied issue I was warned that programs such as my games, discord, chrome, amazon photos, etc. would be uninstalled and I accepted this. Well, as I type this I'm on chrome and I have not reinstalled it.

There was an issue during reset apparently and my files were moved to Acer C:>Users>*Previous account name*

Will this issue be a problem later on? I cannot just uninstall these programs from system settings> Add or remove a program as they aren't on the list. I can access my old games from the start menu by simply typing the name in or finding them in the folder where my old things are.

Is it okay to leave things like this and just move the program icons to my desktop again? or is uninstalling and reinstalling recommended? and how would I go about that?

:)

NerdCake, Feb 21, 2021
  2. AA_685 Win User

Program doesn`t uninstall properly.

So I uninstalled a program from the windows 10 settings app. After it finished it said that the uninstallation was successful. But the problem is that the program is still pined to my taskbar and I can still run it and it works perfectly fine. But the funny
    thing is, I can`t find the program anywhere else.

I can`t find it using windows search, there are no folders related to the program in program files, and it has completely disappeared from control panel or the settings app. Iobit uninstaller and ccleaner also couldn`t find the app. Restarting didn`t help
    either. But the app icon is still present on my taskbar, and when I click it, the program runs just fine. I can even find it running in the background using task manager. any ideas on how to get rid of the program ?

AA_685, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Windows program to secure erase files only

Great, I looked at using the utility built into Revo uninstaller as it offered this capability. Programs like I need are often lost in larger topics where fully clearing a set of instructions or files (usually multiple times) is a necessary step along the long path to finding the right solution.

nomdeplume, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Windows reset - keep my files didn't uninstall programs it was meant to?

can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows reset - keep my files didn't uninstall programs it was meant to?

1. Windows reset - keep my files didn't uninstall programs it was meant to? - Similar Threads - reset keep files

2. I reset Windows 10 with "Keep all files" option but it didn't keep all files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reset Windows 10 with "Keep all files" option but it didn't keep all files.: I recently reset my windows 10 and I wanted to keep all of my files. But for some reason after resetting it, some of my files were gone I could tell that because I noticed that a lot of my pc's space was cleared. I didn't have a recovery point before this change because I...
  3. I reset Windows 10 with "Keep all files" option but it didn't keep all files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I reset Windows 10 with "Keep all files" option but it didn't keep all files.: I recently reset my windows 10 and I wanted to keep all of my files. But for some reason after resetting it, some of my files were gone I could tell that because I noticed that a lot of my pc's space was cleared. I didn't have a recovery point before this change because I...
  4. I reset Windows 10 with "Keep all files" option but it didn't keep all files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows didn't keep any of my files after "resetting"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows didn't keep any of my files after "resetting": So I wanted to reset the OS Windows 10 and chose "keep my files." I assumed that meant my documents, pictures, music, etc would be either still in their respective folders or moved to the Windows.old folder like all these other posts have said. But my computer is completely...
  6. Windows didn't keep any of my files after "resetting"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows didn't keep any of my files after "resetting": So I wanted to reset the OS Windows 10 and chose "keep my files." I assumed that meant my documents, pictures, music, etc would be either still in their respective folders or moved to the Windows.old folder like all these other posts have said. But my computer is completely...
  7. Windows didn't keep any of my files after "resetting"

8. Windows 10 keeps resetting my startup programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps resetting my startup programs: so this has been happening for a while now but Windows keeps turning off the start up programs that i have set to open on start up. I have to go to my start ups ant turn them on again and then restart my PC for them to run on startup. however, when I do an actual shut down,...
  9. I didn't uninstall anything. Overnight all of my windows programs have disappeared...

I didn't uninstall anything. Overnight all of my windows programs have disappeared...: I've tried updating and it hasn't worked. What's up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-didnt-uninstall-anything-overnight-all-of-my/ce5df5f5-d362-46e5-b6ca-5215a37a9f0e
  10. Uninstall program with file in Windows-folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall program with file in Windows-folder: Hello, I wonder if it is safe to delete a program (Avid application manager) from my Asus Windows 10 computer that has a file in the Windows-folder? The computer asks for access to a file in Windows/installer-folder when I try to uninstall the program from the built-in...