Windows 10: Windows reset keeps shutting down.

Discus and support Windows reset keeps shutting down. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I decided to reset my computer because its been glitching a lot and its very slow. While the reset was happening it just shuts down. I waited 5 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Slow-Kaleidoscope725, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Windows reset keeps shutting down.

I decided to reset my computer because its been glitching a lot and its very slow. While the reset was happening it just shuts down. I waited 5 minutes then I turned it back on. It was at 64%. When it went to 65% it just turned off. I turned it back on. It was at 64% again but when it went to 65% it turned off again. Tried again 10 minutes later but same thing kept happening. I came to the conclusion that my computer is broken. Please reply with an idea to fix it. It is an Acer Aspire Laptop. There is no way to get out of the screen. It just says the reset will take a while and the percentage its at.

submitted by /u/Slow-Kaleidoscope725
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Slow-Kaleidoscope725, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Dano 00TA Win User

Bios keeps resetting...not the battery

I'm having problems with a abit AW9D Max board in an older build of mine that keeps resetting the bios everytime I shut it down. The time is ok so I assume it's not the battery but the other settings such as Uguru setting, ram and other stuff resets to defaults*Wtf :wtf: I've had this computer for a few years with nothing like this happening till now. I'd just leave everything at default but the Uguru alarm goes off whenever I start it and I have to disable it in the bios. Any suggestions on what I can try?

Dano 00TA, Feb 23, 2021
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Computer keeps shutting down

Hi,

For us to get a better grasp of your query, please provide the following:

• Error message that you receive
    • Basic troubleshooting steps taken
    In the meantime, I suggest that you follow the instructions provided on this
    link

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Ernie San Win User

Windows reset keeps shutting down.

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows reset keeps shutting down.

1. Windows reset keeps shutting down. - Similar Threads - reset keeps shutting

2. Fully reset PC keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fully reset PC keeps shutting down.: I fully reset my PC, wiping everything off of it. Afterward, when it said my download of windows was almost complete, it restarted, and keeps looping that with the welcome screen before it....
  3. Fully reset PC keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fully reset PC keeps shutting down.: I fully reset my PC, wiping everything off of it. Afterward, when it said my download of windows was almost complete, it restarted, and keeps looping that with the welcome screen before it....
  4. Windows Defender Keeps Shutting Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Keeps Shutting Down: Whenever I try to run a full system scan windows defender shuts down before it can get very far. Is there a way to fix this? My laptop was updated last night....
  5. Windows shutting down keep on going

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows shutting down keep on going: My laptop SURFACE LAPTOP 3 is keep on shutting sown from few hours . I have not done any uogrades or new softwares installtion but this is happening from when i tried to shutdown without closing all the open apps...
  6. Windows 10 keeps shutting down

Windows 10 keeps shutting down: Windows keep shutting down was unable to do the recent update when it started shutting down every few minutes. Tried doing other suggestions. Still shutting down thanks any help I can get. Dan...
  7. windows keeps shutting down

windows keeps shutting down: I will be right in the middle of reading some news or something and all of a sudden I get a screen that says Microsoft has encountered a problem and will have to restart. My screen goes black but it never restarts on its own. I have to manually power off and wait 30 seconds...
  8. Reset of computer on shut down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset of computer on shut down: If I shut my computer down the computer resets to original Microsoft settings. I lose all my downloads and have to log into my email accounts every time. Some of the downloads of programs are extremely large and this is a strain on my download allowance. The keyboard is...
  9. Keeps Shutting Down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keeps Shutting Down: Hi, For about 3 days my laptop keeps shutting down on it;s own. I have tried several ways to stop it: REGEDIT Windows Defenders Scans Antivirus Scans (McAfee) and Microsoft Safety Scanner None of them have founds anything in the system. How can I fix this problem?...
  10. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps shutting down: My win 10 pc keeps shutting down when left inactive for any length of time. I have checked the power options page, see screenshot [img] Is there anything here that I need to change? Thanks in advance. I have just disabled hybrid sleep to see if this solves the...