Windows 10: Windows reset. no working mouse or keyboard

Discus and support Windows reset. no working mouse or keyboard in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried to do a W10 reset with keeping my files. When I get to pick your region screen neither the USB mouse or keyboard will work, so I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ash55, Oct 5, 2019.

1. ash55 Win User

Windows reset. no working mouse or keyboard

I have tried to do a W10 reset with keeping my files. When I get to pick your region screen neither the USB mouse or keyboard will work, so I cannot proceed! I tried it again with a ps/2 keyboard and mouse but I get the same problem.
    Legacy USB support is enabled in the BIOS
    I can find that people have had this problem after the reset but not during the process.

:)

ash55, Oct 5, 2019

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 5, 2019
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows reset. no working mouse or keyboard - Similar Threads - reset working mouse

2. Keyboard and mouse not working after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse not working after reset: Im using a old HP computer and I just reset it after it not being able to boot into windows, im using windows 10 and ive tried all the ports on my computer and none of them worked, my keyboard and mouse were also getting power once i plugged them in when my pc was on sleep,...
  3. Keyboard and mouse not working after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse not working after reset: Im using a old HP computer and I just reset it after it not being able to boot into windows, im using windows 10 and ive tried all the ports on my computer and none of them worked, my keyboard and mouse were also getting power once i plugged them in when my pc was on sleep,...
  4. Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working: Soo i updated my video card/graphic card and after i did, it i needed to restart my pc so i did. After i needed to delete the update because i cant enter my pc, it was loading trouble shoot .then its was loading for about an hour then i unplug the wire thats giving power to...
  5. Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working

Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working: Soo i updated my video card/graphic card and after i did, it i needed to restart my pc so i did. After i needed to delete the update because i cant enter my pc, it was loading trouble shoot .then its was loading for about an hour then i unplug the wire thats giving power to...
  6. Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Keyboard and mouse not working after reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard and mouse not working after reset: I reseted my windows 10 pc After i reset my pc,keyboard and mouse not working. so ,i can't unlock my pc. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-after-reset/bc753dcf-6ba3-4ddd-9010-0dd11431d2d2
  8. Keyboard and mouse not working after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not working after reset: I reseted my windows 10 pc After i reset my pc,keyboard and mouse not working. so ,i can't unlock my pc. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-after-reset/bc753dcf-6ba3-4ddd-9010-0dd11431d2d2
  9. Keyboard and mouse not working after reset

10. Factory reset, keyboard and mouse not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset, keyboard and mouse not working: I recently reset my computer, and its not registering my mouse or keyboard. It was a secondhand computer, so I did a factory reset and thats when the issue started, I'm stuck on the keyboard configuration screen. Heres some things I've tried: Unplugging all USB devices and...