Windows 10: Windows reset not completing after 2004 update

Discus and support Windows reset not completing after 2004 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [IMG] Hello I recently upgraded my Dell Inspiron 3567 8Gb 2Tb to 2004 version of Windows. After a couple of days I had issues with my pc getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Home AccDhatrika, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Windows reset not completing after 2004 update

Windows reset not completing after 2004 update [​IMG]

Hello

I recently upgraded my Dell Inspiron 3567 8Gb 2Tb to 2004 version of Windows.

After a couple of days I had issues with my pc getting slow. later, I could not login to windows as Dell Support Assist detected a problem in OS, and I performed a reset by opting to keep my personal files and reset the PC, now it is stuck at installing windows 88 percent and it also freezed the circling dots in between once. I restarted the laptop, the dots are now rotating, but there's no change from 88.

Windows reset not completing after 2004 update [​IMG]Windows reset not completing after 2004 update [​IMG]

:)

Home AccDhatrika, Aug 15, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows reset not completing after 2004 update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Windows reset not completing after 2004 update

OldNavyGuy, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows reset not completing after 2004 update

1. Windows reset not completing after 2004 update - Similar Threads - reset completing 2004

2. Screen is completely white after factory reset completes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen is completely white after factory reset completes: Hello, my pc is connected to a screen, not a monitor. I was going to factory reset my pc to get room since my dad had a bunch of data used up before he passed me the computer. So I did the steps of resetting the computer and having a fresh one. After it gets pass the black...
  3. Screen is completely white after factory reset completes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is completely white after factory reset completes: Hello, my pc is connected to a screen, not a monitor. I was going to factory reset my pc to get room since my dad had a bunch of data used up before he passed me the computer. So I did the steps of resetting the computer and having a fresh one. After it gets pass the black...
  4. Windows Store completely missing after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store completely missing after reset: I had to reset my computer, and now the windows store is missing?? I cant find it anywhere. I have tried powershell commands in order to reinstall it like "Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  5. Windows Store completely missing after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store completely missing after reset: I had to reset my computer, and now the windows store is missing?? I cant find it anywhere. I have tried powershell commands in order to reinstall it like "Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  6. Windows Store completely missing after reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Computer totally reset after Windows 10 2004 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer totally reset after Windows 10 2004 update?: Hello, i’m trying to fix a family members computer which updated to Windows 10 2004 overnight back in August. Upon reboot the entire user profile was wiped clean; all downloads, documents, user preferences, and firefox bookmarks are gone. I’ve checked to make sure its not...
  8. PC completely freezes at random after updating from w10 1909 to update 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC completely freezes at random after updating from w10 1909 to update 2004: I'm having issues with my PC completely freezing at random times, mouse wont move, screen is frozen on the last frame. At first I thought it might be caused by high GPU/CPU usage while playing games, but today it crashed while watching only youtube with several extra tabs...
  9. Laptop stops responding completely after I close the lid, after windows update to 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop stops responding completely after I close the lid, after windows update to 2004: So I got an option to update Windows 10 to version 2004 and after the update. Whenever I close the lid of my Laptop the computer completely freezes. No matter what I do, the screen won't turn back on and even if I disconnect the charger, the led which indicates my laptop is...
  10. Not receiving 2004 update after resetting my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not receiving 2004 update after resetting my pc: I have received the 2004 feature update but I didn't install it. For some reason I had to reset my pc I didn't wanted my files back so I made a factory reset now I am not getting 2004 update anymore what's the problem...