Windows 10: Windows Reset Not Visible

Discus and support Windows Reset Not Visible in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a friend's laptop - an Asus X551M, running Windows 10 v1903, build 18362.900. There is absolutely no indication of the OS on the chassis, but my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by boweasel, Jul 18, 2020.

1. boweasel Win User

Windows Reset Not Visible

I have a friend's laptop - an Asus X551M, running Windows 10 v1903, build 18362.900. There is absolutely no indication of the OS on the chassis, but my friend tells me he upgraded it from Windows 8 about a year after he'd purchased it.

He initially wanted me to look at it because of the boot message he began getting about a month ago. He gets the Asus logo but before he gets to the logon screen to enter his password he gets the following message
    Scanning and Repairing Drive (\\?\ SystemPartition) :100% Complete
    When this message displays the percent is already at 100. It displays on the black screen for about 2 minutes before he gets to the password screen.

I ran chkdsk twice - neither found any errors. I ran sfc /scannow which found no integrity errors. A full scan of Malwarebytes was clean as was a scan with Adwcleaner.

There were so many problems with response time on the laptop that I thought the simplest thing was to do a reset. I used my Windows 10 disk and restarted while tapping the Escape key. I arrowed to the DVD and pressed Enter. It went through the same process of logo, scan and repair enter password. Nothing came up to show me I was booting from a disk.

I removed the disk and restarted, then pressed the power button again to shut it down. After the 3rd time I got the Preparing Automatic Repair screen. The only options were Troubleshoot and Turn off your PC.

Troubleshoot gives 6 options, none of which is Reset your PC. I've used this many times times to reinstall Windows but keep all user files. Is there some trick to have this display, or to to make the DVD, which I tested on another W10 computer and seems to work just fine, display that option?

:)

boweasel, Jul 18, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 18, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 18, 2020
  4. newfellow Win User

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Reset Not Visible - Similar Threads - Reset Visible

2. task bar icons visibility always reset after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task bar icons visibility always reset after restart: Some taskbar icon keep disappearing, Discord as example.If i set the icons in the taskbar to always show, they keep resetting at every reboot/update.it is annoying to always have to go in the settings and change it back to always show....
  3. task bar icons visibility always reset after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar icons visibility always reset after restart: Some taskbar icon keep disappearing, Discord as example.If i set the icons in the taskbar to always show, they keep resetting at every reboot/update.it is annoying to always have to go in the settings and change it back to always show....
  4. task bar icons visibility always reset after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Bitlocker is not visible in control panel, settings & services after resetting the laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker is not visible in control panel, settings & services after resetting the laptop: I am facing issue in bitlocker after resetting the laptop. Previously I used bitlocker in the same laptop to encrypt my drive but yesterday I downloaded a cracked software from 3rd part site and it asked me to turnoff the defender for installation. So i did but the downloaded...
  6. Bitlocker is not visible in control panel, settings & services after resetting the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker is not visible in control panel, settings & services after resetting the laptop: I am facing issue in bitlocker after resetting the laptop. Previously I used bitlocker in the same laptop to encrypt my drive but yesterday I downloaded a cracked software from 3rd part site and it asked me to turnoff the defender for installation. So i did but the downloaded...
  7. Bitlocker is not visible in control panel, settings & services after resetting the laptop

8. Windows 10 Computer Not Visible on Network and Network Reset Only Fixes the Issue Until the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Computer Not Visible on Network and Network Reset Only Fixes the Issue Until the...: I have a Windows 10 computer that is not visible on my network after a recent Windows 10 update. I am able to actually connect to the computer by manually typing in the computer name in windows explorer or clicking on a pre-existing quick access link, however. I have checked...
  9. Windows 10 Computer Not Visible on Network and Network Reset Only Fixes the Issue Until the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Computer Not Visible on Network and Network Reset Only Fixes the Issue Until the...: I have a Windows 10 computer that is not visible on my network after a recent Windows 10 update. I am able to actually connect to the computer by manually typing in the computer name in windows explorer or clicking on a pre-existing quick access link, however. I have checked...
  10. Windows 10 Computer Not Visible on Network and Network Reset Only Fixes the Issue Until the...