Windows 10: Windows reset not working

Discus and support Windows reset not working in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, My friend gave me his old Asus laptop, which had been upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 a while back. The windows version is 1809 Installed on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jacquesc, Mar 2, 2020.

1. jacquesc Win User

Windows reset not working

Hi,
    My friend gave me his old Asus laptop, which had been upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 a while back.
    The windows version is 1809
    Installed on 2019-4-17
    OS build : 17763.1039

I would like to remove all of his personal information, so I tried :
    Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery, and chose to remove all files, but that didn’t work. I get a message that the reset could not be completed.

So I have 2 questions :
    - Is there another way to reset windows 10 so that no personal files or data is retained ?
    - if not, can I just buy another Windows 10 license and install it over the current one, and what are the caveats ?

:)

jacquesc, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 2, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows reset not working - Similar Threads - reset working

2. Windows 11 doesn't work for my computer and can't reset to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 doesn't work for my computer and can't reset to windows 10: I have a windows 11 computer and wanted to revert back to windows 10 however, I can not degrade from windows 11 to 10 manually. I tried using the media creation tool to make a new windows 10 point but it would not work. Can someone please help me?...
  3. Windows 11 doesn't work for my computer and can't reset to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't work for my computer and can't reset to windows 10: I have a windows 11 computer and wanted to revert back to windows 10 however, I can not degrade from windows 11 to 10 manually. I tried using the media creation tool to make a new windows 10 point but it would not work. Can someone please help me?...
  4. Windows 11 doesn't work for my computer and can't reset to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I reset my PC and nothing will work properly anymore, what should I do to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reset my PC and nothing will work properly anymore, what should I do to fix this?: I have a prebuilt gaming PC that I've owned for the past 2 years. I've noticed that the performance has gradually decreased, which I thought was strange since it's still a relatively new computer. Recently, my computers performance had been worse than ever. Games that I...
  6. I reset my PC and nothing will work properly anymore, what should I do to fix this?

I reset my PC and nothing will work properly anymore, what should I do to fix this?: I have a prebuilt gaming PC that I've owned for the past 2 years. I've noticed that the performance has gradually decreased, which I thought was strange since it's still a relatively new computer. Recently, my computers performance had been worse than ever. Games that I...
  7. Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets correctly and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets correctly and...: Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets correctly and fails everytime when i try.I really need urgent help with this as i am at my wits end and cannot find a straight answer to this.A few days ago, i was looking through my files, when for...
  8. Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets correctly and...

Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets correctly and...: Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets correctly and fails everytime when i try.I really need urgent help with this as i am at my wits end and cannot find a straight answer to this.A few days ago, i was looking through my files, when for...
  9. Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets correctly and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. The PIN to login to my computer stopped working - cant reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The PIN to login to my computer stopped working - cant reset it: The 4 digit PIN that I use to unlock and login to my computer just stopped working all of the sudden. I’ve tried to click the link to send me an email to verify it, but it wont send me an email. It is making me use the phone number added to the account and the # is no longer...