Windows 10: Windows reset not working

Discus and support Windows reset not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My friend gave me his old Asus laptop, which had been upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 a while back. The windows version is 1809 Installed on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jacquesc, Mar 2, 2020.

1. jacquesc Win User

Windows reset not working

Hi,
    My friend gave me his old Asus laptop, which had been upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 a while back.
    The windows version is 1809
    Installed on 2019-4-17
    OS build : 17763.1039

I would like to remove all of his personal information, so I tried :
    Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery, and chose to remove all files, but that didn’t work. I get a message that the reset could not be completed.

So I have 2 questions :
    - Is there another way to reset windows 10 so that no personal files or data is retained ?
    - if not, can I just buy another Windows 10 license and install it over the current one, and what are the caveats ?

:)

jacquesc, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 2, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows reset not working - Similar Threads - reset working

2. Factory reset not working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory reset not working?: Hello, its been about 2 years since I've done a factory reset and my computer was running slow so i thought it was time. I went into the advanced restart, troubleshooting I went through with my full reset on all my drives but when it gets to 3% it goes back to the advanced...
  3. Not enough space to reset and other options aren't working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not enough space to reset and other options aren't working: Hi really need some help. My brother borrowed my laptop and downloaded a large game on it maxing out the space. The laptop now will not go past the troubleshoot options I have tried all the options I can, such as uninstalling the latest version of Windows updates, reset,...
  4. Resetting laptop and start menu not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting laptop and start menu not working: I cant open my start menu when i try to open it. I thought resetting my laptop would fix that issue but when i tried resetting it said "There was a problem resetting your PC". i looked up YouTube tutorials to how to fix it but it didn't help am i doing something wrong?...
  5. Windows Apps not working after resetting

Windows Apps not working after resetting: My laptop wasn't working properly and some of the apps like File Explorer etc, were not responding. Hence, I decided to Reset my PC. I performed the Reset with the option Keep My Files. But after the reset all my Windows App stopped working, many apps have just...
  6. My USB Back ports stops working, USB Root Hub has failed to reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My USB Back ports stops working, USB Root Hub has failed to reset: My USB backports somehow are not working anymore while I was typing. My keyboard, and my mouse are attached to the backports. It won't detect any usb devices I plug in. I have 6 USB backports, 4 USB 3.0 and 2 USB 2.0, but the one that are not working is the USB 3.0 Ports. In...
  7. Resetting PC Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resetting PC Not Working: So I let my little brother age 8 play Minecraft on my computer and when i came back i found him downloading something or signing up to win a free phone (Obviously a virus) but i was too late and he already did something. So the day later i hopped back on and got a...
  8. Monitor not working and sound coming from it after pc reset.

Monitor not working and sound coming from it after pc reset.: I used the media creation tool to upgrade my pc and delete all files, but now when my pc turns on I hear the Cortana thing for when you first turn on windows coming from my monitor even though my headphones are plugged in and have been for months now and have worked. The...
  9. Full reset not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full reset not working: Im trying to reset windows 10 but about 50% in to the reset it quits and takes me to a troubleshooting screen that doesnt do anything. Tried installing the most recent updates and still nothing. Any and all help is appreciated. submitted by /u/StatiicLynx [link]...
  10. Search bar not working on taskbar, pc wont factory reset, cant open settings.

Search bar not working on taskbar, pc wont factory reset, cant open settings.: My pc search bar isn't working and it's incredibly annoying. I've tried to factory reset my computer but it says there was a problem resetting your pc. Some other issues I've been having are that when I try to open any images, it says File system error -2144927436. Also when...