Windows 10: Windows reset stuck at 2% then 17%

Discus and support Windows reset stuck at 2% then 17% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Here's the story. I tried to fully reset my computer through update and security, selected reset everything but keep windows 10. I come back after 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fettz, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Fettz Win User

Windows reset stuck at 2% then 17%

Here's the story.
    I tried to fully reset my computer through update and security, selected reset everything but keep windows 10. I come back after 10 hours and it's still at 2%.

After searching my problem, somewhere else on microsoft says to unplug all devices except the mouse and keyboard. There weren't any devices plugged in except my mouse and keyboard to begin with.

Somewhere else says to manually reset, and wipe everything including windows, and reinstall from disc.

Ok.

I turn off the computer, pop in the disc, and when I turn it back on, I'm stuck in a boot loop. It's constantly resetting itself without any input.

I press every F1-F12 key on the keyboard until something works and it gives me an option to troubleshoot>reset computer. I click on reset and tell it to wipe all files. This time, it starts wiping at 17%. It's been at 17% for 8 hours.

Why isn't windows wiping anything?

:)

Fettz, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows reset stuck at 2% then 17%

1. Windows reset stuck at 2% then 17% - Similar Threads - reset stuck 17%

2. Windows reset crash at 17%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reset crash at 17%: Hello there,I'm receiving a backup laptop, Lenovo Legion, from my company, because my current laptop is in the service center.But when I turned it on, the profile of the previous user who has just resigned her laptop is then given to me as my backup is still there.True, she...
  3. Windows reset crash at 17%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows reset crash at 17%: Hello there,I'm receiving a backup laptop, Lenovo Legion, from my company, because my current laptop is in the service center.But when I turned it on, the profile of the previous user who has just resigned her laptop is then given to me as my backup is still there.True, she...
  4. Windows reset crash at 17%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Factory resetting windows - My computer is stuck on 99% for 2 days

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory resetting windows - My computer is stuck on 99% for 2 days: [ATTACH] Hi all, I am just about to sell my old laptop tomorrow (it's a Dell XPS 9560) so I am trying to reset Windows to a clean install, I did the method described everywhere in Google while choosing delete everything. (for example here from PCmag website):...
  6. My factory reset is stuck on 2%

My factory reset is stuck on 2%: I just got my pc from a workshop. And i was stupid enough to use the Acer jumpstart (basically it installs things you dont even want or need on your pc) and then i wanted to factory reset since im gonna sell this pc. And then i did everything correctly, and now ive been on 2%...
  7. Full reset stuck for 17 hours

Full reset stuck for 17 hours: Hello everyone, i have a problem and i hope someone here can help me my pc has been taking a long time to boot up about 8 minutes considering its strong pc and has nvme ssd it shouldnt so i decided to do a full reset on all hard drives and delete all the files and i have it...
  8. Update 1809 stuck at 17% on bootup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1809 stuck at 17% on bootup.: So. getting real excited about finally being able to update to 1809. but alas. I have a problem. I run the update assistant and it runs just fine. Downloads the update and then reboots the pc to apply the update. It gets to around 17% when it then reboots again and then tells...
  9. Win 10 reset stuck at 17% & now hangs at Samsung Logo

Win 10 reset stuck at 17% & now hangs at Samsung Logo: hello. brand new here with no issues other than the header. i was resetting windows 10 home as i "was selling said laptop" and it hung at 17% and proceeded to stay there for around 7 hours. i restarted the machine and its now stuck at the Samsung logo. i can get into the...
  10. Resetting this PC stuck on 2%

Resetting this PC stuck on 2%: I downloaded Windows 10 on July 29th, and decided to upgrade instead of doing a fresh install of Windows 10. However, I realized that many of my old programs from Windows 7 are not compatible, so today I decided to finally do a fresh install of Windows. The reset was stuck at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resetting windows pc stuck at 17%

2. windows laptol reset stuck at 17%