Windows 10: Windows "Reset This PC" Button not responding

Discus and support Windows "Reset This PC" Button not responding in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, im trying to reset my pc, because I recently downloaded something that was a virus, it brought many ads to my computer, luckily I deleted them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by oscarmorales4, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Windows "Reset This PC" Button not responding

Hello, im trying to reset my pc, because I recently downloaded something that was a virus, it brought many ads to my computer, luckily I deleted them all and now im trying to reset my pc, When I hit "Get Started" nothing happens, for "Advanced startup" I hit Restart now, but when it restarted it never went to any menu that gave me options to reset, it was almost like regularly restarting your computer, also when I try to go my "Windows Defender Settings" and click "Virus and Threat protection" it says "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app"

Note of what I have tried:

1: Using admin CMD, and typing in "net user administrator /active:yes" and trying to reset from there

2: I tried making a "gpedit.msc" and it was successful, because before it was deleted, I opened it and tried to find "Windows Defender" but it almost looked like it was deleted, because it was not there, also note, the title of "gpedit.msc" for me is "Group Policy" while others are "Local Group Policy" I don't know if that's weird or not.

Oscar-

:)

oscarmorales4, Feb 26, 2019
  2. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Feb 26, 2019
  3. cgentil Win User
    Reset Button Corsair Carbide 200R

Hi,

The thing is when I click the reset button to reset the PC is supposed to suspend is set to it, something that does not suddenly appear on the ASUS logo as if it had to power on the PC and the security options appear or start windows normally.

This is reset:

Windows "Reset This PC" Button not responding [​IMG]

Even if you set the reset button without function it does so the same thing, the button doesn't get no function.

The power button works well.

Help!

Let me clarify, when I press this button, of reset:

Windows "Reset This PC" Button not responding 089273a051c79c50dca926e685a350e1.png

The system suddenly restarts and give me kernel power 41 error instead of sleep.

Thank you.

cgentil, Feb 26, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

Windows "Reset This PC" Button not responding

Reset Button Corsair Carbide 200R

If the reset button is hooked up to the reset pins on the motherboard pin panel, it's going to restart the PC...
    The only way I'm aware of to put a PC to sleep instead, is to set it in the power options to put the PC to sleep when the power button is pressed. I have no experience with your mobo, but I don't see any manuals online stating that you can change the reset button's config.

RCoon, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows "Reset This PC" Button not responding

1. Windows "Reset This PC" Button not responding - Similar Threads - Reset Button responding

2. The start button is not responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The start button is not responding.: The start button is not responding, and I am unable to open settings even using ms-setting: I have tied many things to try and get it to work but none of them have worked....
  3. The start button is not responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The start button is not responding.: The start button is not responding, and I am unable to open settings even using ms-setting: I have tied many things to try and get it to work but none of them have worked....
  4. Windows Update Button Not Responding. Nahimic Wont Respond.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Button Not Responding. Nahimic Wont Respond.: I have an update Windows 10 is wanting to install but the "download" button isn't responding. There are no errors, no windows pop up, no messages pop up, I click on "Download" and nothing happens. I have already tried the steps listed below to no avail.Using System File...
  5. Windows Update Button Not Responding. Nahimic Wont Respond.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Button Not Responding. Nahimic Wont Respond.: I have an update Windows 10 is wanting to install but the "download" button isn't responding. There are no errors, no windows pop up, no messages pop up, I click on "Download" and nothing happens. I have already tried the steps listed below to no avail.Using System File...
  6. Windows Update Button Not Responding. Nahimic Wont Respond.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Start Button Not Responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Button Not Responding: When I click on start Button on desktop the start menu of all apps are not opening. Even when I press the Windows key from my keyboard the start menu is not opening. I have even confirmed that the Windows key is working by pressing Win+R , the Run Window comes. I dont know...
  8. Wifi button not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi button not responding: I have tried everything from restarting windows explorer and other things. I press the network button in windows 10 from the taskbar and it just wouldnt work and respond....
  9. Volume button not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume button not responding: After updating my Hp envy 360 to windows 10 I came to the realization that my volume is non responsive. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-button-not-responding/63478bf2-0bd3-4951-a82d-5184c9812091
  10. my search button not responding on windows 10 pc

in Cortana
    my search button not responding on windows 10 pc: my search avatar is not working, I ve tried all I could. I need help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-button-not-responding-on-windows-10-pc/b00e1a5e-475d-40fe-94bf-b506178b7efe"