Windows 10: Windows Reset

Discus and support Windows Reset in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an old laptop which I wnat to recycle and give away. Before I do I want to reset the laptop so that everything I added is deleated and its a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YSWUK, Jan 29, 2020.

1. YSWUK Win User

Windows Reset

I have an old laptop which I wnat to recycle and give away. Before I do I want to reset the laptop so that everything I added is deleated and its a clean machine. When I bought it it had Windows 7 but this was upgraded to Windows 10. If I now reset it according to on-line instructions will it go back to being Windows 7? Is it possible to reset it but keep Windows 10?

:)

YSWUK, Jan 29, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 29, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 29, 2020
  4. newfellow Win User

Windows Reset

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows Reset

1. Windows Reset - Similar Threads - Reset

2. How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?: I have tried the hold shift go to restart and enter troubleshooting on start up, I select save my files and then I am prompted to enter the administrator password that I forgot. I don't get to the next screen to select reinstall windows from the cloud or from this device....
  3. How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?: I have tried the hold shift go to restart and enter troubleshooting on start up, I select save my files and then I am prompted to enter the administrator password that I forgot. I don't get to the next screen to select reinstall windows from the cloud or from this device....
  4. How can I reset my administrator password on Windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset: Hello everyone, so ever since I reset my system everything has been working very poorly. Browers are laggy and oftentimes have visual bugs. Any game I play, even the ones that have a low benchmark stutter and lag with frequent fps drops. Before the reset I was able to play...
  6. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset: Hello everyone, so ever since I reset my system everything has been working very poorly. Browers are laggy and oftentimes have visual bugs. Any game I play, even the ones that have a low benchmark stutter and lag with frequent fps drops. Before the reset I was able to play...
  7. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset: Recently my laptop has been randomly freezing completely. There is no blue screen, the audio stops and the trackpad and keyboard stop working. I have only recently factory reset my device 2 weeks ago due to BSOD issues. I have checked the event viewer after the freezing,...
  9. Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset

Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset: Recently my laptop has been randomly freezing completely. There is no blue screen, the audio stops and the trackpad and keyboard stop working. I have only recently factory reset my device 2 weeks ago due to BSOD issues. I have checked the event viewer after the freezing,...
  10. Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?

Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?: Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reseting-my-pc-to-factory-settings-affect-a/a5c4a925-fc91-4481-8aec-eb1a3dc4695b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resetting taskbar