Windows 10: Windows Reset

Discus and support Windows Reset in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a requirement to reset my Windows 10, whilst retaining my personal files. When I try to do this I am asked for my password. I have been using... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Vergelegen111, Feb 13, 2020 at 10:52 AM.

1. Windows Reset

I have a requirement to reset my Windows 10, whilst retaining my personal files. When I try to do this I am asked for my password. I have been using the same password for my Onedrive account and this works fine. The password I have tried for the reset should surely be the same but it is not recognised. Why not? How many different Microsoft accounts are there? How can I overcome this - my PC is useless until I can get this reset done.

Tia

Bob

:)

Vergelegen111, Feb 13, 2020 at 10:52 AM

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 13, 2020 at 10:53 AM
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

4. newfellow Win User

Windows Reset

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

Thema:

Windows Reset

1. Windows Reset - Similar Threads - Reset

2. Windows update, fresh start, and reset won’t work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update, fresh start, and reset won’t work.: Hi. I really need some help with my computer. So i went to abroad for almost 2 month, that’s why when i got back i immediately switched my computer on, and then i checked if there’s an update on windows which there is but it seems like there’s a problem and mg computer says...
  3. Windows 10 UK settings are reset to US defaults after every Restart or Shut Down. Other...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 UK settings are reset to US defaults after every Restart or Shut Down. Other...: Windows 10 settings language, keyboard layout, etc. are reset to US default, Thunderbird address book emptied and email accounts' details lost, and Edge browser favourites are cleared, after Restart, or after Shut Down then later power on. Each time these are lost I go into...
  4. Reset of my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset of my PC: Hello Community: I have an HP desktop PC with OS of windows 10 Home. The PC has not been working properly recently, on a conversation with a Microsoft Agent, the suggestion from him was to do a reset of the PC which should take care of my situation. After...
  5. Computer lost power during Reset This PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer lost power during Reset This PC: After that Choose Operating System boot screen appeared with two Windows 10 options after trying both, Reset This PC did not recover I chose Reset This PC from that screen Windows 10 deleted my files...
  6. Windows 10 PC stuck when trying to reset. It’s been like this for 3 hours, is this normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 PC stuck when trying to reset. It’s been like this for 3 hours, is this normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/grim_ninja_gaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5nufl/windows_10_pc_stuck_when_trying_to_reset_its_been/
  7. Reset gpedit?

Reset gpedit?: I was in gpedit and i enable only run certain apps and i closed gpedit and niw I cant reopen it becuase it wasnt in the list. Is there a way to reset this. I also cant use regedit and running as admin dosnt work submitted by /u/roryc102 [link] [comments]...
  8. No login splash on boot, can’t enter computer. Will “Reset PC” in WRE fix?

No login splash on boot, can’t enter computer. Will “Reset PC” in WRE fix?: I made another post on this forum about this with ALL the random things I’ve tried to fix this... you can read all about it here and I’m still struggling. No diagnostics seem to ping the error and I can’t get it to repair. Chkdsk wont run bc it says it can’t lock it and it...
  9. Reseting windows

Reseting windows: So I've got windows 10 pro and wanted to reset my pc but i have several hard drives and i wanted to know if I reset windows dies it clear every hard drive or just the drive where windows is installed? submitted by /u/XTosssotox [link] [comments]...
  10. Soft Reboot vs Hard Reboot vs Restart vs Reset explained

in Windows 10 News
    Soft Reboot vs Hard Reboot vs Restart vs Reset explained: [ATTACH]I am sure you have heard about all these terms if you are using a Windows PC, or even a phone. While they might sound […] This article Soft Reboot vs Hard Reboot vs Restart vs Reset explained first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...