Windows 10: Windows reseting my screensaver after every session

Discus and support Windows reseting my screensaver after every session in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My new screensaver is reset after restarting or booting back up from shutting down. I think it might have to do with it being downloaded though I doubt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lemlime, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Lemlime Win User

Windows reseting my screensaver after every session

My new screensaver is reset after restarting or booting back up from shutting down. I think it might have to do with it being downloaded though I doubt that's the case. It doesn't revert to my previous screensaver, which was the customized Windows 10 spinning text, but rather there just isn't a screensaver at all. Should I just leave my PC on forever without restarting? What could be causing this?

:)

Lemlime, Mar 23, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Windows reseting my screensaver after every session :)

terrace, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Charlie Win User
    Screensaver delay time resets to 1 on boot

Joan. So the screen saver needs to be set to what to come on? Seams like if its your scrolling pictures you would want it to come on at 1. Just wondering does the Cozi app show up on this list?

Windows reseting my screensaver after every session [​IMG]

Charlie, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Windows reseting my screensaver after every session

Setting Picture Screensaver for Multiple Screens

Hi Daryan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you using any third-party screensaver?

If yes I suggest you to change the screensaver to Windows default screensavers and check if it helps.

To set the Screensaver on the extended display, follow the below steps:

Step 1: Right-click on a blank area of your desktop and select “Personalize.”

Step 2: Click “Screen Saver” at the bottom-right corner of the window.

Step 3: Select the desired screen saver from the drop-down menu and indicate a “wait” time in minutes. The screensaver will come on automatically after the computer has been idle for that period of time.

Step 4: Check the “On resume, display logon screen” for added security, if desired. This feature requires you to enter your password when resuming your Windows session.

Step 5: Click “Apply” and then “OK.”

Step 6: Click on the “Display” link at the bottom left.

Step 7: Click “Adjust Resolution” on the left.

Step 8: Choose “Extend these displays” from the Multiple Displays drop-down menu if you’d like a single screensaver to travel across both displays. Click “Duplicate these displays” if you want a duplicated screen
    saver to display on each monitor.

Step 9: Click “OK.”

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows reseting my screensaver after every session

1. Windows reseting my screensaver after every session - Similar Threads - reseting screensaver every

2. Windows 11 Pro: My Screensaver stops every 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro: My Screensaver stops every 15 minutes.: It's a PC, not a laptop. It also does it if I set the monitor to turn off every 15 minutes as well. I can't figure out what's causing the machine to "wake"; are there any commands I can run, or log output somewhere, what would tell me what app/device is causing it to wake?...
  3. Screensaver resets to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver resets to default: Hi,I am currently running Windows 10 and I have set my screensaver to be my photos slideshow.If I set the timer to 1 minute or 10 minutes, it works fine.But if I set the timer to 30 minutes, the screensaver which appears is not my photos slideshow but the default...
  4. Screensaver resets to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screensaver resets to default: Hi,I am currently running Windows 10 and I have set my screensaver to be my photos slideshow.If I set the timer to 1 minute or 10 minutes, it works fine.But if I set the timer to 30 minutes, the screensaver which appears is not my photos slideshow but the default...
  5. Screensaver resets to default

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Old screensaver returned after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old screensaver returned after factory reset.: After my pc had slowed down considerably I decided it was time to reset. I chose the “Remove Everything” option and everything went smoothly, and when it booted up I was met with a blank canvas. However today I restarted my laptop and after logging in I was met by my old...
  7. System reboots after 5 minutes, every session.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System reboots after 5 minutes, every session.: New Win10Pro PC build, Intel i9-990K, MSI MEG 2390 Ace MB, reboots once each session after 5 minute run. Stays on all day after this reboot. How do I determine cause and/or fix?...
  8. Activate Screensaver when disconnecting from RDP session

Activate Screensaver when disconnecting from RDP session: Hello, I have my desktop at home setup so that I can use Windows Remote Desktop to remote into it and do work. When I'm done, I usually just close the RDP session window, leaving my computer at home logged in, but locked (because I have other server processes running). If...
  9. Lockscreen screensaver refreshed every minute

Lockscreen screensaver refreshed every minute: Hello! I am running windows 10 on my PC. I recently switched my screensaver to the lock screen by going to the screen saver settings, selecting the "(None)" option and then activating "on resume, display logon screen". After a set amount of time, the lock screen successfully...
  10. notification switch resets every session

in Windows 10 Support
    notification switch resets every session: so...I turn off teamspeak's notification in the customize notifications panel, and every single time it turns itself back on the very next session. how do I stop that from happening? 30846