Windows 10: Windows resetting personal settings upon restart

Discus and support Windows resetting personal settings upon restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I've been having trouble with Windows resetting my personalized settings upon restarting my PC. Things like my wallpaper and app locations... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HamedHassan1, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Windows resetting personal settings upon restart

Recently I've been having trouble with Windows resetting my personalized settings upon restarting my PC. Things like my wallpaper and app locations stay the same but it's been disabling my ClearType and some other personalization settings like displaying thumbnails and opening each folder in the same window in the file explorer.

I went to Control Panel > System > About > Advanced system settings > Advanced > Performance and found that it was set to best performance for some reason and changed it back to letting Windows choose what's best for my computer which then went and changed most if not everything back. The problem now is that when I restart my PC this doesn't save and I have to go back and re-enable it. Is there anything I can do to make it so that my PC can save its performance options without resetting?

:)

HamedHassan1, Apr 14, 2021
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Windows resetting personal settings upon restart

LAN Connection settings reset after restart

I just purchased a new laptop for school work. It is a Toshiba Satellite C55-A. I just opened it out of the box on Saturday night. For some reason, every time I restart the computer, the LAN Connection Settings in Internet Options automatically reset to use a proxy server. I have unchecked this and checked "automatically detect settings", but that always reverts after I restart. The only thing I can think of is that I configured my work email (Office 365) and a Windows popup said it would have to change security settings if I was going to use that type of email. Are there any other reasons this would happen and what would be the fix? I have installed a few school-based programs and would prefer not to have to do restore or recovery to save time on re-installing all that software.

rolling moses, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows resetting personal settings upon restart

1. Windows resetting personal settings upon restart - Similar Threads - resetting personal settings

2. Settings reset after every restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings reset after every restart: For some time now my setting have been reset every time i power on my compuer. The main thing is my mouse settings. Every time i turn on the computer "Enhance pointer presicion" gets checked. The Pointer speed also get higher every time. Sometimes the vertical scrolling...
  3. Default Drivers reset upon restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Drivers reset upon restart: Hello,At random, my default audio and recording devices SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro and Blue Yeti will be switched out without my input. This has become extremely infurating and has resulted in me becoming late to several online conferences due to my computer suddenly...
  4. Default Drivers reset upon restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Drivers reset upon restart: Hello,At random, my default audio and recording devices SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro and Blue Yeti will be switched out without my input. This has become extremely infurating and has resulted in me becoming late to several online conferences due to my computer suddenly...
  5. Factory reset kept personalization settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory reset kept personalization settings: Hey, I recently factory reset my windows 10 pc because i had some trouble with malware in the past and was having several problems that I couldn't find anything about since. I figured that there was some damage to my os the malware caused, and resetting was the most definite...
  6. WINDOWS UPDATES RESETTING MY PERSONAL DESKTOP SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS UPDATES RESETTING MY PERSONAL DESKTOP SETTINGS: Each time I receive an MS update for MS Edge my computer is reset and I am taken back to the "Microsoft Edge Welcome Page"? I have to continuously rebuild my personal desktop settings and must also re-authorize some of my software applications. I may receive updates 2 or 3...
  7. Personalization Settings constantly resetting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalization Settings constantly resetting: I'm having an issue where my background personalization settings are constantly reverting to "Picture" from "Slideshow". This happens mostly when I enter full-screen mode from a game, then exit the game. I can reset my personalization settings fine, but the next time I exit...
  8. Windows 10 resetting to factory settings and deleting all files upon start up or restart

Windows 10 resetting to factory settings and deleting all files upon start up or restart: I have been having this problem since I purchased my desktop. It is running Windows 10 Home edition. Each time the computer restarts or is shut down completely, all of my settings and files are erased. This includes Chrome, my desktop background, and all the files/shortcuts I...
  9. Personalization settings reset on their own?

Personalization settings reset on their own?: Am I the only one who has experienced this? I keep my laptop up to date and I haven't had any viruses, nor have I installed any third-party software. What gives? It's pretty easy for me to put my settings back to what they were, but it does get annoying....
  10. Personalized settings is not responding with Windows 10 update after restart.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Personalized settings is not responding with Windows 10 update after restart.: When I update Windows 10 I get an error telling me personalized settings is not responding after restart. I get a warning box in upper left hand area of screen. Otherwise the screen is frozen and black. I can ctl-alt-del and work from the task manager. I have seen various...