Windows 10: Windows resizing and relocating after sleep

Discus and support Windows resizing and relocating after sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Following the major update that was applied on my PC on 19 Jan 2019 (build 10.0.17763), when my PC wakes up from sleep or even from the display just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rochrunner, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Windows resizing and relocating after sleep

Following the major update that was applied on my PC on 19 Jan 2019 (build 10.0.17763), when my PC wakes up from sleep or even from the display just turning off and I click on apps that are minimized in the taskbar, the app windows are resized and snap to the upper left corner of the display. I then have to resize them and move them back where I want them.

Very annoying, as you might imagine. Other than that, my PC has been very stable on Windows 10 from Day One.

:)

rochrunner, Jan 20, 2019
  2. Canzara Win User

Keeps resizing after sleep

Hopefully I can explain this properly.
    I'm having an issue with video. Ever since i upgraded to a gtx 660 ti when returning from sleep the resolution seems to change.
    I keep having to "resize" the desktop slightly.
    Its fine returning from games, or anything else seems to be fine...but everytime my monitor goes into sleep and I wake it, the screen is wrong. Either it will have black bars all the way around the screen, or it will be too large for the screen.
    Its easily fixed using the resize button in the nvidia control panel, but its getting old.

The system was freshly formatted when I upgraded.
    I've tried uninstalling drivers and re-installing using the latest versions to no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Canzara, Jan 20, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Windows resizing and relocating after sleep

resizing photos in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to use the Photo Gallery and check if you are able to resize the photos.

Please follow the below steps.

• Open Photo Gallery

• Navigate to the folder where the photos are.

• Select the photos

• Select the 'Edit' tab

• Select Resize

I hope the information helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows resizing and relocating after sleep

1. Windows resizing and relocating after sleep - Similar Threads - resizing relocating sleep

2. windows 11 keeps resizing background on desktop after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 keeps resizing background on desktop after sleep: After sleep, windows changes the size of the background several times, shrink and fit more than 5 times. During that time I can't use the system.How can I fix it?...
  3. windows 11 keeps resizing background on desktop after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 keeps resizing background on desktop after sleep: After sleep, windows changes the size of the background several times, shrink and fit more than 5 times. During that time I can't use the system.How can I fix it?...
  4. Resizing and moving all open windows after sleep or shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resizing and moving all open windows after sleep or shutdown: Windows all of a sudden is resizing and moving all open windows after sleep or shutdown, it will not remember the settings at all, already reinstalled drivers, uninstalled all programs, uninstalled all drivers, reset windows, done a repair installation - all to no avail. This...
  5. Windows resize windows/rainmeter skins after monitor sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows resize windows/rainmeter skins after monitor sleep: [ATTACH] Hello guys, I have this problem for a long time, everytime i turn off my monitor or it go sleep cause timer (windows settings), when i comeback to my pc, some open windows are total resized and out of positions and rainmeter skins changes position too. 1...
  6. Open windows move and resize after sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open windows move and resize after sleep: I have a six month of Dell Vostro which came installed with Windows 10 Pro. Every time my computer sleeps when it wakes all open windows have shifted position and/or resized....
  7. Resized and moved windows after sleep or shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Resized and moved windows after sleep or shutdown: New desktop computer, so had to go with Windows 10 Professional, upgraded from Win 7 Pro, and I hate 10 more every day. Every time the computer goes to sleep or is shut down, my windows are all re-sized and moved to the top left corner of the screen. This is indescribably...
  8. Windows resizing and relocating after sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows resizing and relocating after sleep: Following the major update that was applied on my PC on 19 Jan 2019 (build 10.0.17763), when my PC wakes up from sleep or even from the display just turning off and I click on apps that are minimized in the taskbar, the app windows are resized and snap to the upper left...
  9. Window Resizes from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Window Resizes from sleep: Hey guys. I need help. Windows 10 keep re-sizing my firefox windows when i wake up my computer from sleep. And the windows 10 start menu is also opens up. I would like to fix both these issues. THANKS! 26778
  10. Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep: System: Intel NUC 54250WYKH Monitor: Acer T232HL (1920x1080) OS: Windows 10 Pro (clean install) When my NUC wakes from sleep mode, existing windows are sized and positioned as if the display resolution had changed to a much lower value (e.g. 1024x768) during sleep but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows resize when pc goes to sleep intel nuc8i5

2. intel nuc: windows resized after waking from sleep

3. windows revert after sleep