Windows 10: Windows resizing, re-positioning after sleep mode, Win 10

Discus and support Windows resizing, re-positioning after sleep mode, Win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am experiencing problem with opened windows resizing and re-positioning to the Left, Top corner after sleep mode (on Win 10). Please advise how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alex_Grd, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Alex_Grd Win User

Windows resizing, re-positioning after sleep mode, Win 10

I am experiencing problem with opened windows resizing and re-positioning to the Left, Top corner after sleep mode (on Win 10).

Please advise how to troubleshoot and resolve this issue.

:)

Alex_Grd, Nov 22, 2019

2. sleep mode in windows 10

Hi,

The challenge that you are having with the sleep mode on Windows 10 may be caused by misconfigured power settings on your computer. We suggest to check this thread:

Win 10 reboots after sleep mode
    . Look for MVP Mike Hall... always replied. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Canzara Win User
    Keeps resizing after sleep

Hopefully I can explain this properly.
    I'm having an issue with video. Ever since i upgraded to a gtx 660 ti when returning from sleep the resolution seems to change.
    I keep having to "resize" the desktop slightly.
    Its fine returning from games, or anything else seems to be fine...but everytime my monitor goes into sleep and I wake it, the screen is wrong. Either it will have black bars all the way around the screen, or it will be too large for the screen.
    Its easily fixed using the resize button in the nvidia control panel, but its getting old.

The system was freshly formatted when I upgraded.
    I've tried uninstalling drivers and re-installing using the latest versions to no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Canzara, Nov 22, 2019
  4. AeroGEL Win User

Win 10 Backups & Sleep Mode

Hi Ruth,

I should clarify the reason the backup was cancelled.

The actual message was... "Backup was cancelled by User", and I am quite sure that it was because the PC entered Sleep Mode.

The Win 10 backup is being stored on an external 2Tb USB drive.

So to put my questions again...

• If I schedule a weekly backup, and the PC is in Sleep mode at the appointed time, will the PC wake up to allow the backup to run?
    • Can Sleep Mode be prevented whilst a Backup is running?
    TIA

AeroGEL, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows resizing, re-positioning after sleep mode, Win 10 - Similar Threads - resizing positioning sleep

2. disappearing cursor after sleep mode Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    disappearing cursor after sleep mode Win 10: If I let my computer go to sleep, and the screen goes dark, when I click on a key to bring it back, the screen comes back with no cursor. Hitting CTRL shows where the cursor should be in the circle but there's no cursor, and the circle is immune to attempts to move it. The...
  3. Windows are moved & resized after waking up from Sleep Mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows are moved & resized after waking up from Sleep Mode.: When I put my computer to sleep with the Sleep button on my Microsoft keyboard, when I wake it up again, the windows are moved & shrunk to half the length of the screen. How can I prevent this?...
  4. Windows 10 resizing all windows after coming out of "sleep" mode.

Windows 10 resizing all windows after coming out of "sleep" mode.: Everytime my system sleeps it changes the windows to a smaller size and positions them to the top left side of the screen. This is a brand new Acer desktop with an Acer monitor, so everything should be default. How do I stop this annoyance from happening. I can see that...
  5. Windows 10 resizes and re-positions open windows after coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 resizes and re-positions open windows after coming out of sleep mode: I have a new desktop PC with a new BenQ Display and everything seems to function perfectly except when the PC comes out of Sleep Mode, all of the windows which were open have been resized (down) and stacked on top of each other in the top left corner of the display. One...
  6. Wifi disconnects after Windows 10 re-awakening from "Sleep" mode

Wifi disconnects after Windows 10 re-awakening from "Sleep" mode: Windows !0 now loses its connection to my wifi router after going to sleep. I then have to go through a "Disconnect/Connect" step to reconnect. Is there a bug in my version(Vers. 1809)?...
  7. Win 10 no logon option after sleep mode

Win 10 no logon option after sleep mode: When Windows 10 returns from sleep mode, I get the background image and power options (shutdown, sleep, restart) but no logon options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-no-logon-option-after-sleep-mode/ad10bf6f-40ea-4e74-a593-c48a6961122d
  8. Windows resizing and relocating after sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows resizing and relocating after sleep: Following the major update that was applied on my PC on 19 Jan 2019 (build 10.0.17763), when my PC wakes up from sleep or even from the display just turning off and I click on apps that are minimized in the taskbar, the app windows are resized and snap to the upper left...
  9. Windows resizing and relocating after sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows resizing and relocating after sleep: Following the major update that was applied on my PC on 19 Jan 2019 (build 10.0.17763), when my PC wakes up from sleep or even from the display just turning off and I click on apps that are minimized in the taskbar, the app windows are resized and snap to the upper left...
  10. Sleep Mode Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode Win 10: Hello, I know this issue has been addressed before, but I am still not sure about sleep mode. My question is regarding updating downloads and installing them while win 10 is in sleep mode? I have read that Win 10 will wake up if there are any installations ready. Is that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 resizing on sleep