Windows 10: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix

Discus and support Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When shutting down, after the drive light has stopped, the power button continues to blink requiring a forced off holding down the power button.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by markg2, Sep 24, 2019.

1. markg2 Win User

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix

When shutting down, after the drive light has stopped, the power button continues to blink requiring a forced off holding down the power button. Although possibly coincidence, when the laptop is started and later shutdown while on battery vs. commercial power, the machine shuts down properly.

I ran sfc /scannow and have attached both the command prompt (admin) result screen and CBS.log.

Chkdsk had no problems.

I ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and have attached the log.

I cold booted and ran scannow again which continues to show corrupt files.

The machine did shutdown with no problem (commercial power) after I ran DISM but that could be coincident.

Should I pursue trying to fix the remaining corrupt files (if there's a reasonable fix other than reinstalling) or see if over the next few days if the shut down problem is resolved and if so leave well enough alone?

Mark

:)

markg2, Sep 24, 2019
  2. TimoEpis Win User

windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

this one

TimoEpis, Sep 24, 2019
  3. ~ Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix ~

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you refer to elstaci's response on this related

thread
    for some troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Michael Tus, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

Windows works fine in safe mode but very slow in normal mode.

SFC says this: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

FredTheElf, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix

1. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix - Similar Threads - Resource Protection found

2. 'Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix': Just built a computer having issues with BSOD, ran sfc /scannow and it was able to repair some corrupt files but was unable to fix all of them. It downloaded a CBS log to my computer. Not sure what to do. Computer consistently crashes. Windows 10...
  3. 'Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix': Just built a computer having issues with BSOD, ran sfc /scannow and it was able to repair some corrupt files but was unable to fix all of them. It downloaded a CBS log to my computer. Not sure what to do. Computer consistently crashes. Windows 10...
  4. 'Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.": As the title suggests, after running the "sfc /scannow" command, it seems the program was able to recognize an issue but was unable to resolve it. I'd like to determine the severity of the corrupted files as well as a possible solution. The log can be found here. Thanks....
  6. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.: i was just browins the web as usual, but then my browser crashed, it was fine for a few seconds, but then my whole pc froze, although i could still move my mouse and see the loading wheel move and hear sound i couldnt click or open anythingi rebooted, but then my pc would...
  7. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.: I ran a sfc /scannow and I got the message in the title. I retrieved the cbs.log file, but I have no clue what I am looking for. If anybody can let me know that would be awesome. Thanks in advanced!here is the cbs.log; https://ghostbin.com/yWKkw...
  8. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix: Everytime i run "sfc/scannow" i get this: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For...
  9. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix: Everytime i run "sfc/scannow" i get this: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For...
  10. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.: C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 45% complete. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs,...