Windows 10: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files"

Discus and support "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running Windows 1909 (Build 18363.836. I recently bought a Dell OptiPlex 9020 Mini Tower. Everything was running fine, until last night. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hbenthow, Jun 7, 2020.

1. hbenthow Win User

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files"

I am running Windows 1909 (Build 18363.836.

I recently bought a Dell OptiPlex 9020 Mini Tower. Everything was running fine, until last night. I restarted it like usual, but when I was logging back into Windows, I was met by a "setup wizard" style screen that asked me to log into my Microsoft account (not my local computer, account; my online Microsoft account), and then there were several options that I don't remember (I think one of them had to do with OneDrive or something). It's sort of like the screen that you get when setting up Windows for the first time. Once I finished, I was finally allowed to see my desktop, which was normal as if nothing had happened.

I looked in the task manager, and saw that the search index was running for some reason. I opened Indexing Options, and it was scanning over from the beginning. This shouldn't happen after an ordinary restart.

I decided to run sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth to see if anything was wrong, and got the following results:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.836](c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located atwindir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offlinerepairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

C:\Windows\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.18362.1

Image Version: 10.0.18363.836

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.

Take special notice to the part that I highlighted in bold text.
    I'm not sure how to find the /OFFLOGFILE file, but here's CBS.log:

Dropbox - CBS.log - Simplify your life

What are the problems that were found? Are they serious? Are they completely fixed now, or is there still reason for concern?

:)

hbenthow, Jun 7, 2020

2. ~ Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix ~

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you refer to elstaci's response on this related

thread
    for some troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Michael Tus, Jun 7, 2020
  3. raywood Win User
    Windows Resource Protection Found Corrupt Files

This Win10 Pro 1903 desktop began to display signs of instability. SFC /SCANNOW indicated problems. I ran these commands as suggested in another TenForums discussion:

Code:
    I thought the problem was fixed. Unfortunately, the error message has returned with later runs of SFC /SCANNOW. The message:

I would consider reinstalling Windows 10, but I just got through doing that to defeat the same problem. I must be doing something wrong. But how to proceed? That is the question.

raywood, Jun 7, 2020
  4. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files"

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files"

1. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files" - Similar Threads - Resource Protection found

2. Windows resource protection found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows resource protection found corrupt files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HuFHIfdRCLjDokqd05Wh0Z39wZgmdCAM?usp=sharingThis is my cbs.log file. I did an sfc/scannow and it told me windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Reason for me running the scan is because my...
  3. Windows resource protection found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows resource protection found corrupt files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HuFHIfdRCLjDokqd05Wh0Z39wZgmdCAM?usp=sharingThis is my cbs.log file. I did an sfc/scannow and it told me windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Reason for me running the scan is because my...
  4. Windows resource protection found corrupt files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files that it was unable to fix. What should I do? Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 Error log 2020-11-28 15:46:17, Info CBS TI: --- Initializing Trusted Installer ---2020-11-28 15:46:17, Info CBS TI: Last boot time:...
  6. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files"

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files": I am running Windows 1909 (Build 18363.836. I recently bought a Dell OptiPlex 9020 Mini Tower. Everything was running fine, until last night. I restarted it like usual, but when I was logging back into Windows, I was met by a "setup wizard" style screen that asked me to log...
  7. windows resource protection found corrupt files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows resource protection found corrupt files.: hi joydep sarkar when running dism/online/clean up -image /restore health i got error windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them details were inlcuded in cbs.log.i am running windows 10 1903....
  8. Windows Resource Protection Found Corrupt Files

Windows Resource Protection Found Corrupt Files: This Win10 Pro 1903 desktop began to display signs of instability. SFC /SCANNOW indicated problems. I ran these commands as suggested in another TenForums discussion: Code: dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth sfc /scannow chkdsk...
  9. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was ...

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was ...: Ran SFC , found some errors . How to proceed ? CBS.rar C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but...
  10. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was ...: Ran SFC , found some errors . How to proceed ? CBS.rar C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but...