Windows 10: Windows "respects" power settings???

Discus and support Windows "respects" power settings??? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; windows "respects" power settings???????????????"What? How?" MemeNOTE: This is not a question. I just want to post this for fun.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NicholasHong19, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Windows "respects" power settings???

windows "respects" power settings???????????????"What? How?" MemeNOTE: This is not a question. I just want to post this for fun.

:)

NicholasHong19, Jun 21, 2022

2. POWER SETTINGS

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Let us know few thing to analyze the issue.

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Are you able to wake the computer back from sleep?
    This issue might occur due to some corruption in the power settings.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Let’s run Power troubleshooter.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

• Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.

• Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Create new Power Plan.

Please refer to “Can I create a power plan?” section of the link below:

Power plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Steps for Windows 8 or 8.1 applies to
    Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Jun 21, 2022
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Jun 21, 2022
  4. Guru-# Win User

Windows "respects" power settings???

USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it?

As per the below suggested steps I am trying to disable the USB in USB selective suspend setting in my Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home. however, I do not find the USB Settings at all in two modes Balanced mode or Dell (Active) mode under change advanced
    power settings. How to restore it?

USB Selective Suspend Settings, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + X.
    2. Choose Power Options.
    3. Select Choose when to turn off the display.
    4. Open Change advanced power settings.
    5. Expand USB settings and USB selective suspend setting.
    6. Select Enabled (default) or Disabled.
    7. Click Apply, then OK.

Guru-#, Jun 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows "respects" power settings???

1. Windows "respects" power settings??? - Similar Threads - respects power settings

2. Windows 11 wont respect my Power Plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 wont respect my Power Plan: HelloIt seems that I've stumbled upon a problem with my W11 machine.Using PowerCfg Power Plan, I've set my maximum CPU usage to 74% - thus limiting the utilization and the clock speed of my 5800X at 2.8GHz. However, whenever I launch a game Windows 11 just ignores said value...
  3. Windows 11 wont respect my Power Plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 wont respect my Power Plan: HelloIt seems that I've stumbled upon a problem with my W11 machine.Using PowerCfg Power Plan, I've set my maximum CPU usage to 74% - thus limiting the utilization and the clock speed of my 5800X at 2.8GHz. However, whenever I launch a game Windows 11 just ignores said value...
  4. Force Clock app to respect settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force Clock app to respect settings: In a Windows 10 Pro machine, I have these settings concerning the time format to use:Please notice the 24-hour format for the time.However, the clock app does not care and uses a 12-hour format, with AM and PM. See screenshot:What is the magic trick to have the Clock app to...
  5. Force Clock app to respect settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Force Clock app to respect settings: In a Windows 10 Pro machine, I have these settings concerning the time format to use:Please notice the 24-hour format for the time.However, the clock app does not care and uses a 12-hour format, with AM and PM. See screenshot:What is the magic trick to have the Clock app to...
  6. Force Clock app to respect settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows "respects" power settings???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows "respects" power settings???: windows "respects" power settings???????????????"What? How?" MemeNOTE: This is not a question. I just want to post this for fun. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-respects-power-settings/6c0ca8f2-59cb-4ed1-b7ad-b1090af39833
  8. How to enable or disable Respect Device Power Mode Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Respect Device Power Mode Settings in Windows 10: Respect Device Power Mode Settings helps you get a better performance by decreasing the CPU consumption for Search Indexer when your computer goes into the power-saving mode or gaming mode. Although it is disabled by default, you can enable Respect Device Power Mode Settings...
  9. Windows respect my settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows respect my settings.: Can you believe this OS can't get something as simple as time right, I have been late for appointments because it decided to roll back my time by an hour, I have been dealing with this for months now, last week it really crushed me when it went back 2 hours which it has never...
  10. Turn On or Off Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings: How to: Turn On or Off Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings How to Turn On or Off Search Indexer Respect Device Power Mode Settings in Windows 10 Indexing the contents of your PC helps you get faster results when you're searching it for files and other...