Windows 10: windows responding slowly....what's happening?

Discus and support windows responding slowly....what's happening? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Not pretty sure the config of my PC but it's intel i5 2th or 3th generation, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD. The CPU has been used for 6+ years. SSD and RAM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tsw88, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Tsw88 Win User

windows responding slowly....what's happening?

Not pretty sure the config of my PC but it's intel i5 2th or 3th generation, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD.

The CPU has been used for 6+ years. SSD and RAM were new in 2016, currently running windows 10 Home.

I don't install or run any games on my PC. Windows update is done from time to time.

Recently the whole thing getting slow. For example, click on a windows it does not show up immediately, stopping or resuming a youtube video could delay a few seconds, which is absolutely not normal

I've checked the mouse. It should be fine. It's one-year-old Microsoft wireless mouse. Dust on the lens is regularly cleaned up.

What's happening?

Anything I can do to test if there are any problems.

:)

Tsw88, Jan 18, 2018

2. Windows Cumulative Update KB3194496

Yesterday my computer automatically updated with Windows Cumulative Update KB3194496. Now, my computer is slugglish, doesn't want to sync One Drive (or does so extremely slowly), doesn't want to sync Google Drive, and responds to everything very slowly.
    What should I do?

keystonerose, Jan 18, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 responding slowly

Hi Nishant,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• What is the complete error message displayed on the startup?
    As per your description of the issue, I would suggest you to try clean boot and check which third party software's are creating this issue.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.
    You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot. Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform
    a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or experience the original behavior if the problem still exists. If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings
    may prevent you from following these steps.

Follow:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

And issues regarding Cortana, I suggest you to follow the steps in the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jan 18, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

For starters, fire up Task Manager and click the Details tab, then click the CPU column so it shows the high-end consumers of that resource. Take a screenshot and post here so we can all see what's going on, like so:

windows responding slowly....what's happening? [​IMG]

Hopefully, this will get us pointed in the right direction to help you get your system back on track. Be prepared: this can take a while and may require lots of back-n-forth posting and screenshots.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

PS: Just saw this in the very next thread I read: Fall creators upgrade messed up my system - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums. It explains a couple of simple registry hacks that some users have found helpful with the slow response situation.

EdTittel, Jan 18, 2018
  5. Tsw88 Win User
    Could it be due to the CPU problem?
    In fact, I bought the CPU 6 years ago in a proved dishonest shop.
    Could it be a fake or failing CPU

Tsw88, Jan 19, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Hard to have something fake work for 6 years! Very good fake, in that case. *chuckle What do you see in Task Manager/Details for high CPU consumption? Please share, or try the fix suggested in the other thread I linked for you. Your call. What's next?
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows responding slowly....what's happening? - Similar Threads - responding slowly what's

2. What happened?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened?: Why is it these days that every other forced update has a real chance of making my computer unable to boot up? I've had this happen twice. Do you guys still do QA at all so you can find out an update will destroy a Windows PC before you force it to take it?I really don't like...
  3. HP LAPTOP responds very slowly to comands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP LAPTOP responds very slowly to comands: When I type keyboard commands response is very slow. What could be a remedy ? .Norton 360 is instalied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop-responds-very-slowly-to-comands/8a9d7243-d222-4d91-a76e-9faf0bebf352
  4. HP LAPTOP responds very slowly to comands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP LAPTOP responds very slowly to comands: When I type keyboard commands response is very slow. What could be a remedy ? .Norton 360 is instalied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop-responds-very-slowly-to-comands/8a9d7243-d222-4d91-a76e-9faf0bebf352
  5. HP LAPTOP responds very slowly to comands

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. What is happening?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    What is happening?: I don't understand what this is... Yes I have a Windows 11 theme because of the TPM requirement. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-happening/6914bf8b-1e81-4225-9efa-0995ce8f45ca
  7. windows 10 responding very slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 responding very slowly: hello i am a user of windows 10. but from last 4-5 months all the apps in the computer takes too long to respond. whenever i open the notifications tab it takes almost 9-10 seconds to open and work completely without hanging. i have also updated my computer to latest...
  8. What is happening?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is happening?!: Idk what happening! I got a raspi4 on the network a few days ago and it worked fine. I turned it off, came back a day later and had no service. I've done everything to get it up and running again. The real problem is, nothing is working now. I dont know of any of it OS...
  9. What happened?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What happened?: Hello everyone, After a contact with a potential scam from widget.rave.office.net, i asked for help for something else and since that time i reinstalled windows 10 but now the onedrive icon is full grey instead of being all white like before. Is there a simple way to...
  10. The Right Mouse Button Responds Slowly (circle) - Solved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Right Mouse Button Responds Slowly (circle) - Solved: [ATTACH] Detailed description If you have a context menu which has a lot of 3rd party shell extensions then it’s possible that one of them may be corrupted and that’s why it’s causing a delay in right-click context menu. Also, many shell extensions can all together cause...