Windows 10: Windows restart causing unwanted behavior.

Discus and support Windows restart causing unwanted behavior. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have just upgraded my CPU Ryzen 2600 -> Ryzen 3600x, and after putting my PC back together it started acting ... weird? This may not have been the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Z_129, May 12, 2021.

1. Z_129 Win User

Windows restart causing unwanted behavior.

I have just upgraded my CPU Ryzen 2600 -> Ryzen 3600x, and after putting my PC back together it started acting ... weird? This may not have been the start of issues, but it the one odd event I can tell.First, I tried downloading a new patch for a game Valorant. The game asked me to restart, so I did that. After restarting, the game again had to download the patch. While I was waiting, Apple Software Update popped up, and I thought I may as well download the latest iTunes here as well. iTunes downloaded, and created a shortcut on the desktop. Valorant again asked me to restart, so I rest

:)

Z_129, May 12, 2021
  2. AndreTen Win User

Daily Unwanted Restarts

Ok, just ask and we will go step by step.

For temps monitoring, I like HWinfo. download and install (link was here before). At start it will ask you if running only sensors, check yes and run

Windows restart causing unwanted behavior. [​IMG]

Find Temps/ Core max and GPU, click them and graph will show.

You can show it in system tray too. follow like in the picture below

AndreTen, May 12, 2021
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Windows 10, odd behavior after restart

Hi Chris,

This seems to be caused by a corrupt user profile. We suggest that you run the System File Checker. It
    is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. To run the tool, follow these steps:

• Click Start, type Command Prompt or cmd in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run
      as administrator
      . If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
    • At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
      sfc /scannow
    You can also run the DISM or System Update Readiness tool. This will help you fix
    Windows corruption errors caused by failed installation of Windows updates and service packs. To run the tool, refer to this

link

Once you're done running the tools, restart the computer and check.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, May 12, 2021
  4. Windows restart causing unwanted behavior.

little cat, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows restart causing unwanted behavior.

1. Windows restart causing unwanted behavior. - Similar Threads - restart causing unwanted

2. Windows 11 Updates causing erractic behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Updates causing erractic behavior: Has anyone else started experiencing very erratic behavior in the past month, due to the most recent updates? I am having constant issues with tabs opening on their own; windows minimizing without any action from me; and the mouse cursor constantly gravitates to the top left...
  3. Windows 11 Updates causing erractic behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Updates causing erractic behavior: Has anyone else started experiencing very erratic behavior in the past month, due to the most recent updates? I am having constant issues with tabs opening on their own; windows minimizing without any action from me; and the mouse cursor constantly gravitates to the top left...
  4. Unwanted alt + tab alternation behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted alt + tab alternation behavior: Scenario I have 3 open windows: Visual Studio Code Microsoft Edge Terminal As a developer, it is common to alternate between these tabs constantly. It is/was useful when alternating between these windows to change back to the previous viewed/focused window, not the...
  5. Unwanted Windows 10 restarts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unwanted Windows 10 restarts: Windows 10 restarts if left unattended for an hour or so. I have checked everything I can find to restart/shutdown 'Never'. It's only been doing this for the last few months and it's getting more frequent and shorter time periods....
  6. Windows causing unwanted reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows causing unwanted reset: My Windows 10 has been reset to Microsoft Edge twice now because "an app caused a problem with default app setting for ms-xbl-3d8b930f files." Is there a solution for avoiding this problem? The reset wipes out all my files....
  7. Typing causes wierd behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Typing causes wierd behavior: I'm using Win 10 Pro 64-bit on an Asus laptop. When ever I try typing something, I get these strange results.Menus pop up, what I'm typing disappears, caps active. Makes trying to type very difficult. 140091
  8. Unwanted Behavior of keyboard after sticky keys turned on

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted Behavior of keyboard after sticky keys turned on: the majority of times I do a control+F it brings up a feedback screen. Just typing an r brings up a run screen filled in with the word regedit. Unwanted menus keep appearing including the start menu. With sticky keys disabled this does not happen. This is an Asus laptop gamer...
  9. New behavioral analysis tools to fight unwanted content on Twitter

in Windows 10 News
    New behavioral analysis tools to fight unwanted content on Twitter: In March, we introduced our new approach to improve the health of the public conversation on Twitter. One important issue we’ve been working to address is what some might refer to as “trolls.” Some troll-like behavior is fun, good and humorous. What we’re talking about today...
  10. Daily Unwanted Restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Daily Unwanted Restarts: If you are not getting a Blue error screen when the computer randomly shuts down, it is more than likely an overheating issue, bad cpu, or motherboard. I also would suspect RAM (memory) but that usually gives an error screen (Blue Screen of Death) before shutting down. Also,...