Windows 10: Windows Restart is not restarting

Discus and support Windows Restart is not restarting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This has been going on for some time now, quite annoying to be honest, when I click the restart button the computer powers off, it does not restart as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by D.FrankII, Sep 15, 2021.

1. D.FrankII Win User

Windows Restart is not restarting

This has been going on for some time now, quite annoying to be honest, when I click the restart button the computer powers off, it does not restart as it is supposed to do, I have to manually press the power button, my settings are never to hibernate and to never sleep.Any help please

:)

D.FrankII, Sep 15, 2021
  2. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Sep 15, 2021
  3. ilgoldman Win User
    Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Windows Restart is not restarting :confused:*Mad Windows Restart is not restarting :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Sep 15, 2021
  4. Windows Restart is not restarting

little cat, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows Restart is not restarting

1. Windows Restart is not restarting - Similar Threads - Restart restarting

2. Why is my computer not fully restarting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer not fully restarting?: I have Windows 10, but my machine says Window 8. The problem is each time I turn it on. It gives the HP icon and the circling line below, as if waiting, it then says Restarting. It turns black and then appears with the same thing. I do not want to damage my computer even more...
  3. Why is my computer not fully restarting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer not fully restarting?: I have Windows 10, but my machine says Window 8. The problem is each time I turn it on. It gives the HP icon and the circling line below, as if waiting, it then says Restarting. It turns black and then appears with the same thing. I do not want to damage my computer even more...
  4. Why is my computer not fully restarting?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Laptop restarts occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts occasionally: The event viewer log shows that it is Event 41 and occurs normally when the laptop is left turned on but not used form some time 10-15 minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-occasionally/b96ba803-6794-47d7-8a59-7634439a3e1b
  6. Laptop restarts occasionally

Laptop restarts occasionally: The event viewer log shows that it is Event 41 and occurs normally when the laptop is left turned on but not used form some time 10-15 minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-occasionally/b96ba803-6794-47d7-8a59-7634439a3e1b
  7. Stuck on Restart with Firmware Update--Typical

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Restart with Firmware Update--Typical: While pushing your new firmware update, my PC's been stuck on "Restarting" for over an hour. This is typical of Microsoft garbage: push the software without first finding and fixing any bugs and then put the burden on the consumer to fix it. I need my computer now!...
  8. Stuck on Restart with Firmware Update--Typical

Stuck on Restart with Firmware Update--Typical: While pushing your new firmware update, my PC's been stuck on "Restarting" for over an hour. This is typical of Microsoft garbage: push the software without first finding and fixing any bugs and then put the burden on the consumer to fix it. I need my computer now!...
  9. Stuck on Restart with Firmware Update--Typical

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Auto restart every time I leave the computer untouched for a while

Auto restart every time I leave the computer untouched for a while: My pc automatically restarts when it is left there untouched for a while. Like I sometimes run the program before I go to sleep and I found it get restarted the second morning. So I checked the system and application logSystem log says: The device Goodix fingerprint location...