Windows 10: windows restart

Discus and support windows restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; every time i ask windows 10 to restart it freezes after it goes to the solid color with spinning icon in the middle of the screen.... the icon stops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RickV68, Apr 4, 2020.

1. RickV68 Win User

windows restart

every time i ask windows 10 to restart it freezes after it goes to the solid color with spinning icon in the middle of the screen.... the icon stops spinning and it shuts down and restarts..... this is causing me issues for program installs that need a restart... If I select the shut down option, it works fine... shuts down and then I can power it back up.... But for the programs that require the restart to complete the installation... after it freezes I end up and having to due a hard shut down.

I did try the remove the fast start up option as some had suggested from my online search... it did fix the problem.

Any ideas would be great...

windows10 is up to date on the machine

Thanks

Rick

:)

RickV68, Apr 4, 2020
  2. little cat, Apr 4, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond windows restart :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 4, 2020
  4. windows restart

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

windows restart

1. windows restart - Similar Threads - restart

2. Walked away from computer and when i came back it and woke it up with mouse it restarted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Walked away from computer and when i came back it and woke it up with mouse it restarted...: Walked away from my computer for a few minutes and came back to my monitors asleep and when I woke the computer started up like I just had turned it on so it must've crashedHere is minidump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFYNxBj2A8qzL1eI4ikwgfswwYCIezjx/view?usp=sharing...
  3. Walked away from computer and when i came back it and woke it up with mouse it restarted...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Walked away from computer and when i came back it and woke it up with mouse it restarted...: Walked away from my computer for a few minutes and came back to my monitors asleep and when I woke the computer started up like I just had turned it on so it must've crashedHere is minidump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFYNxBj2A8qzL1eI4ikwgfswwYCIezjx/view?usp=sharing...
  4. Windows randomly restarts and goes in the the Recorvery environment.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly restarts and goes in the the Recorvery environment.: Hello, I recently built my own PC, it worked well for a week and then it suddenly restarted and booted in the recovery environment. I already tried to fully delete windows from the drive and reinstall it using a USB flash drive. Also all the functions in the recovery tab do...
  5. Windows randomly restarts and goes in the the Recorvery environment.

Windows randomly restarts and goes in the the Recorvery environment.: Hello, I recently built my own PC, it worked well for a week and then it suddenly restarted and booted in the recovery environment. I already tried to fully delete windows from the drive and reinstall it using a USB flash drive. Also all the functions in the recovery tab do...
  6. Windows randomly restarts and goes in the the Recorvery environment.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 with Recurring Restarts, varying BSOD's.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 with Recurring Restarts, varying BSOD's.....: I am finally reaching out to anyone who can help me. I've had a laptop for a year and it just won't stay on. Sometimes I get a BSOD and sometimes it just restarts. I've looked through event viewer and it's either giving no information or it's just beyond my scope. If I...
  8. Windows 10 with Recurring Restarts, varying BSOD's.....

Windows 10 with Recurring Restarts, varying BSOD's.....: I am finally reaching out to anyone who can help me. I've had a laptop for a year and it just won't stay on. Sometimes I get a BSOD and sometimes it just restarts. I've looked through event viewer and it's either giving no information or it's just beyond my scope. If I...
  9. Windows 10 with Recurring Restarts, varying BSOD's.....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. "Restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" error???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" error???: Tried to hop on my computer this morning only to be greeted with the "restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" message. Tried to look up how to fix this but nothing online matches the screen on my pc. Using a 2014 acer computer with windows 8.1. Boot...