Windows 10: Windows restarted and altered UEFI?

Discus and support Windows restarted and altered UEFI? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I assembled a new computer. I took my old SSD with Windows 10 installed, hooked it up to my new computer, and made sure that it wasn't set to boot in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cheyney, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Windows restarted and altered UEFI?

I assembled a new computer. I took my old SSD with Windows 10 installed, hooked it up to my new computer, and made sure that it wasn't set to boot in the UEFI. This was working fine for several restarts and shut off's. My new SSD with a fresh install of Windows 10 was set to be the only drive to boot in the UEFI and restarting my computer would auto boot my new drive just fine, like I had set the UEFI to do. I left my computer on overnight to download a game and when I woke up my computer had automatically restarted and booted my old drive. I looked at the settings in my UEFI and the boot sequence had been altered. Is this something that Windows 10 is programmed to do? And why? I'm afraid a person is accessing my computer remotely. I'm thinking about moving to Linux. Does Linux do these shady things?

submitted by /u/cheyney
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cheyney, Feb 16, 2021
  2. little cat, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

As the title says, I'm trying to install Windows on a RAID array in uefi on my Maximus V Formula. When using legacy ROM I can install just fine but I go into CSM and change settings to UEFI only, I can build the array in the UEFI Raid driver (IRST tab in "BIOS") but the array does not show up in the boot menu and when I try to install windows (boot from UEFI DVD drive), The drive does not show up in the Windows install. The next thing I tried was to enable UEFI and legacy oprom in CSM, boot from UEFI DVD drive and install to the RAID array (probably detected by legacy oprom) and it will install. After first reboot, Windows Boot manager will show up as an option in the BIOS boot menu so I set that as first boot device and reboot. I will get to the starting windows screen and then BSOD (too quick to get codes) The last thing I tried was Changing to legacy mode and installing windows to a different drive. once installed, I initialized the Raid array as GPT and rebooted, changed csm back to UEFI only but they RAID array still doesn't show in the boot device list so I repeated the earlier process hoping that It might work because I had initialized as GPT but it still BSODs on starting windows screen. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

mystiksinner, Feb 16, 2021
  4. FX-GMC Win User

Windows restarted and altered UEFI?

Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

I think you were on track with your first try. Windows installer probably needs the RAID driver in order to detect it on install.

Windows restarted and altered UEFI? [​IMG]

FX-GMC, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows restarted and altered UEFI?

1. Windows restarted and altered UEFI? - Similar Threads - restarted altered UEFI

2. Altering a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Altering a game: I want to alter my The Legend of Zelda, Skyward Sword game on my Wii U so I can play as Twilight Princess Link. How do I do that? And What Category does this belong to? I have an EliteBook that originally came with Windows 7, but doesn't meet the requirements for Windows 11....
  3. Altering a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Altering a game: I want to alter my The Legend of Zelda, Skyward Sword game on my Wii U so I can play as Twilight Princess Link. How do I do that? And What Category does this belong to? I have an EliteBook that originally came with Windows 7, but doesn't meet the requirements for Windows 11....
  4. Altering Hosts file

Altering Hosts file: I am a new IT guy and I am trying to help with getting an employee connected to a website. In the past is has been simple to just alter the host file but now it keeps rejecting me saying that the file owner System requires admin permission. Thing is I am an admin and I can do...
  5. Windows settings altering ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows settings altering ?: After update to version 120.2212.31.0 I noticed the Setting home screen had my account info,One Drive Status & last update all in the top row. That night I reset my laptop & the next morning I went to check for updates & this was gone & Settings was back to original old...
  6. "initiate UEFI Firmware" in Advance Restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    "initiate UEFI Firmware" in Advance Restart: Hi, I wanna ask this question because i cant access to my bios with my keyboard in normal startup or when i restart the pc. I was looking for options and when i choose to initiate my Bios with "advanced restart" i mean the option UEFI Firmware i noticed i dont have that...
  7. Stuck after clicking restart in UEFI Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stuck after clicking restart in UEFI Settings: I have an Alienware Aurora A9. I’m trying to change which gpu my computer is using. Currently being used is an Intel gpu and id like to switch to my nvidia gpu. But im getting stuck after I click restart in UFEI Settings and its not booting up my boot manager to allow me to...
  8. ACDSee alterative?

ACDSee alterative?: No InfraView please Many people recommend InfraView but I just get mad with it. When full screen, it doesn't zoom in, and often clicking out of the full screen... The old version of ACDsee was good, but they are no longer available now. I am looking for kind of image...
  9. UEFI Settings won't show in advance restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI Settings won't show in advance restart: Hey, basically my uefi settings won't show in advanced restart i also have tried to go into the bios to disable secure boot but secure boot is not an option, is this just me? Also is there a solution?...
  10. Alterative to windows media player

Alterative to windows media player: For years I have used Windows Media Player. I use it to play the media stored on my PC. I like the fact that I can open it up, set it to random, and it finds all the media on my PC and plays it. Is there any other programs that will play all music in the Windows Music...