Windows 10: Windows restarted my GPU error, when switching window with alt tab

Discus and support Windows restarted my GPU error, when switching window with alt tab in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I am playing a game called league of legends on my main external monitor and alt tab to my browser I am pretty sure this happens with other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidBukva, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Windows restarted my GPU error, when switching window with alt tab

When I am playing a game called league of legends on my main external monitor and alt tab to my browser I am pretty sure this happens with other programs as well, but I'm not certain on my laptops built-in monitor sometimes the game crashes and displays an error message stating: "Windows has restarted your GPU". Also when this happens ocasionally both my monitors go black for a couple seconds or the browser stops working. This has started happening not long ago, and I can't think of any change I made to my setup or software that could have caused it.

Is it possible that windows is actually restarting my GPU. If yes what is the reason? Could it be that the GPU can't handle the load? I used to use two external monitors for a while and everything worked perfectly so I assume this isn't the case.

I'm using Windows 10 on an ASUS Zenbook 15 UX533, which has Intel® UHD Graphics 620 and NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Max Q GPUs.

:)

DavidBukva, Apr 7, 2021
  2. xCustom17 Win User

ALT + TAB Not switching on release

Hi,

I've been having a bit of trouble with Windows the last few days, which has to to lead me to reinstall it over my current windows. Just mentioning it in case it might be relevant.

But my problem is that I'm used to having to press ALT+TAB and it would display the open programs, and when I release the combo, it would switch me to the program. But now I've noticed that when I press ALT+TAB, and release the combo, the little UI thingy still stays open and I either need to click the choice or press enter or something. And this is really annoying since I switch programs on a regular basis and this extra step feels unnecessary.

xCustom17, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Alt+Tab / window switching sometimes doesn't work?

Hello @tententwenty,

I don't know if these will point you in the right direction . . .

> Alt Tab Not Working in Windows 10 [Full Fix]
    > Alt Tab Not Working on Windows 10 – Here Are Top 5 Fixes
    > Fix Alt+Tab Not Working (Switch Between Programs Windows)

I hope this helps.

Paul Black, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Windows restarted my GPU error, when switching window with alt tab

alt + tab not working

*Confused Windows restarted my GPU error, when switching window with alt tab :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows restarted my GPU error, when switching window with alt tab

1. Windows restarted my GPU error, when switching window with alt tab - Similar Threads - restarted GPU error

2. Desktop Window Manager GPU spike when alt-tabbed - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Window Manager GPU spike when alt-tabbed - Windows 11: I got a new laptop Lenovo Legion pro 7i 13900HX + RTX 4080 a couple weeks ago and have been battling issues ever since. The most prominent and insufferable is periodic screen freezing for 3-5 seconds. I noticed that this most commonly occurred when I alt-tabbed or...
  3. Desktop Window Manager GPU spike when alt-tabbed - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Window Manager GPU spike when alt-tabbed - Windows 11: I got a new laptop Lenovo Legion pro 7i 13900HX + RTX 4080 a couple weeks ago and have been battling issues ever since. The most prominent and insufferable is periodic screen freezing for 3-5 seconds. I noticed that this most commonly occurred when I alt-tabbed or...
  4. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab: I made a modifications to my Windows 10 to get the old behaviour of Alt+Tab image below, i.e., to show the application icons of the tasks being switched rather than previews of their windows. Recently, however, when I Alt+Tab, I see an unnamed task on the far left image...
  5. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab: I made a modifications to my Windows 10 to get the old behaviour of Alt+Tab image below, i.e., to show the application icons of the tasks being switched rather than previews of their windows. Recently, however, when I Alt+Tab, I see an unnamed task on the far left image...
  6. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Alt-Tab Windows switch lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt-Tab Windows switch lag: Alt-Tab Windows switch lagWhen I open any app and time it takes 2-3 sec to load I switch windows using alt-tab and it lags like hell. Here lag means whenever I use alt-tab when I tap the tab again and again to reach the desired window it just takes longer and lags to reach...
  8. Alt +Tab windows 10 restarts my

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alt +Tab windows 10 restarts my: Hi All When i press ALT +Tab my pc gets restarts i have update PC till date but still i am facing the same issue and its happen 10 12 times in day please help me...
  9. Windows Logo on Window switch or "ALT+TAB"

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Logo on Window switch or "ALT+TAB": Hi ALL, I've been looking for the solution to my problem everywhere, but can't seem to find the correct search string to get to the root of the issue, so here it is: On my Asus ROG Rig there is always a windows splash logo declaring that the mode is Windows everytime i...
  10. ALT + TAB Not switching on release

in Windows 10 Support
    ALT + TAB Not switching on release: Hi, I've been having a bit of trouble with Windows the last few days, which has to to lead me to reinstall it over my current windows. Just mentioning it in case it might be relevant. But my problem is that I'm used to having to press ALT+TAB and it would display the...