Windows 10: Windows restarted suddenly a day after resetting my laptop

Discus and support Windows restarted suddenly a day after resetting my laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was using a Lenovo Ideapad 320-15IKB, and I reset it Keep my Files option after it got hit with the Automatic Repair Loop. I was using it just fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rainer Ferrer, May 30, 2020.

1. Windows restarted suddenly a day after resetting my laptop

I was using a Lenovo Ideapad 320-15IKB, and I reset it Keep my Files option after it got hit with the Automatic Repair Loop.

I was using it just fine last night, but at the time of this writing, it just suddenly resetted itself.

But the weird thing is that when I reset this laptop last night, the background shown was the default Windows background, but when it restarted itself, it now showed the original Lenovo background when I bought this laptop last year.

I haven't even downloaded anything aside from Google Chrome that would cause the system to fail, and no problems with the drivers as all of them are updated properly and nicely.

What does this mean? Did this laptop truly reset now? Do I have to worry about anymore random restarts in the future?

:)

Rainer Ferrer, May 30, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. My Laptop keeps restarting

Hi Charles,

Corruption within the system files is one of the possible reason why your laptop suddenly restarts. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?
    • Have you encountered any error messages when the computer restarts?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Niranjan Manjhi
    in this thread.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Darleen Pen, May 30, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows restarted suddenly a day after resetting my laptop

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows restarted suddenly a day after resetting my laptop

1. Windows restarted suddenly a day after resetting my laptop - Similar Threads - restarted suddenly resetting

2. 2 bsods a couple of days in between after many sudden restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2 bsods a couple of days in between after many sudden restarts: I have been having many issues with my new built pc. A couple of weeks after putting it together i would get random restarts during gaming and sometimes just while watching youtube. I tried many fixes and it seemed that it was an issue with my ram not getting enough wattage i...
  3. My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day

My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day: My laptop has windows 10 64 bit,466gb ssd with 4 gb raminitially this laptop had hdd but as it was lsow i upgraded to ssd and it was working fine but one day when booting up before booting up into os it asked to install some reader and it said press any key to continue and i...
  4. My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day: My laptop has windows 10 64 bit,466gb ssd with 4 gb raminitially this laptop had hdd but as it was lsow i upgraded to ssd and it was working fine but one day when booting up before booting up into os it asked to install some reader and it said press any key to continue and i...
  5. My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. my NEW laptop got BSOD all of a sudden after i restarted my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my NEW laptop got BSOD all of a sudden after i restarted my laptop.: my NEW laptop got BSOD all of a sudden after i restarted my laptop as it was working slow .I VIEWED MY event viewer and saw this error "The McAfee Framework Host service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 times. The following corrective action will be taken in 0...
  7. my NEW laptop got BSOD all of a sudden after i restarted my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my NEW laptop got BSOD all of a sudden after i restarted my laptop.: my NEW laptop got BSOD all of a sudden after i restarted my laptop as it was working slow .I VIEWED MY event viewer and saw this error "The McAfee Framework Host service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 times. The following corrective action will be taken in 0...
  8. My laptop fails to restart after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop fails to restart after factory reset: I have factory reset my lenovo laptop and set to remove all files but it fails to restart and complete the reinstallation of Window10 after more than 12hours. what i see now is Lenovo logo that goes on and off for a few seconds with loading circles going round and round. what...
  9. Windows suddenly goes wonky one day after restart

Windows suddenly goes wonky one day after restart: I have an MSI GL63 8RE laptop using Wingows 10 Home ver. 1903 which was working fine until yesterday, but this morning suddenly it's become really glitchy. For example, a lot of my apps won't open up at all, only a few games/apps not installed on the SSD(the Windows drive)...
  10. Stuck in restart loop after resetting laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in restart loop after resetting laptop.: I reset my device, cleared all my files, and everything was going smoothly. But, after getting to a certain point in the startup, and answering the time, date, and language questions, I get a 'Why did my PC restart?', promt, if you know the one. It says to plug in my PC,...