Windows 10: Windows restarts after update - lack of professionality

Discus and support Windows restarts after update - lack of professionality in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use a laptop with Windows 10 for my work, which involves mathematical computations.One such computation, which I should have finished by a set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pglii, Sep 17, 2021.

1. pglii Win User

Windows restarts after update - lack of professionality

I use a laptop with Windows 10 for my work, which involves mathematical computations.One such computation, which I should have finished by a set deadline, would have required four days to complete. However, after two days, Windows Update restarted the computer without asking me for permission and killing the computation. Two days wasted. I have to restart again and I will not meet my deadline because of the Windows Update behaviour.I have two questions:1. How to forbid Windows to automatically restart my computer?2. Who is the insane and unprofessional group of people who designed such a flawe

:)

pglii, Sep 17, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows restarts after update - lack of professionality :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 17, 2021
  3. little cat, Sep 17, 2021
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

1. Windows restarts after update - lack of professionality - Similar Threads - restarts update lack

2. TPM Update after Windows 11 System Update and lack of Wi-fi Connectivity after.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM Update after Windows 11 System Update and lack of Wi-fi Connectivity after.: I have an HP AMD Ryzen 3 laptop. Recently, after a system update, my laptop started showing this prompt as the initial startup screen, how should I proceed? if I clear the TPM, will all the personal data and apps installed will vanish? I also am not able to find the "recovery...
  3. TPM Update after Windows 11 System Update and lack of Wi-fi Connectivity after.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM Update after Windows 11 System Update and lack of Wi-fi Connectivity after.: I have an HP AMD Ryzen 3 laptop. Recently, after a system update, my laptop started showing this prompt as the initial startup screen, how should I proceed? if I clear the TPM, will all the personal data and apps installed will vanish? I also am not able to find the "recovery...
  4. Windows 11 update or lack of

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update or lack of: Can someone please just give me a very plain simple answer as to why the processor my HP Omen Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz with 16GB RAM 64 bit operating system x 64 -based processor is apparently not "good" enough for a Windows 11 update. Any Assistance would be appreciated....
  5. Windows 11 update or lack of

Windows 11 update or lack of: Can someone please just give me a very plain simple answer as to why the processor my HP Omen Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz with 16GB RAM 64 bit operating system x 64 -based processor is apparently not "good" enough for a Windows 11 update. Any Assistance would be appreciated....
  6. Windows 11 Professional Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Professional Update: My system has Windows 10 professional installed on it. The windows update is not giving me the option to install Windows 11 even though my system is compatible. If I install windows 11 from the Microsoft website, will it get updated to Windows 11 Pro or Windows 11?...
  7. Windows 11 Professional Update

Windows 11 Professional Update: My system has Windows 10 professional installed on it. The windows update is not giving me the option to install Windows 11 even though my system is compatible. If I install windows 11 from the Microsoft website, will it get updated to Windows 11 Pro or Windows 11?...
  8. lack of space for update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lack of space for update: I cannot install windows 10 updates. Lack of space I try clearing space but cannot get to option 2 install usb. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-space-for-update/7fae9098-9768-42cf-bc70-3522105e89af
  9. windows update lack of memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update lack of memory: My laptop wont update due to lack of memory. When I insert a 30GB memory stick as recommended by the help video, the choose the memory stick option is greyed out and I can only chose free up memory on the laptop. I have hardly anything on the machine, even my photos are on an...
  10. Win 10 Updates - Lack There of ! ! !

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Updates - Lack There of ! ! !: Win 10 update service is the worst I've ever seen, buggy as all-get-out! I have clean install if Pro 64bit, I've done about (4) quick updates, with quick reboots, and its says I'm updated. I ran Ms update tool(s) which say I'm up to date. Ran the troubleshooter from control...