Windows 10: Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

Discus and support Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft what the f are you doing when I click "SHUT DOWN and update" I freakin want my pc to turn off not to restart wait a few seconds type my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ludiyazayo_san, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

Microsoft what the f are you doing when I click "SHUT DOWN and update" I freakin want my pc to turn off not to restart wait a few seconds type my password and wait again, click shut down, then wait AGAIN another 2~3 minutes to turn off and then to see its off. And the f-in irony is that the updates are getting more slow to download. Why is it not like the past where you shut it down and update and then on the next boot it just finishes. Just make an option in settings that allows you to choose between restarts and shuts down on SHUT down on update or its just like the past it finishes on the n

:)

ludiyazayo_san, Sep 26, 2022
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update :confused:*Mad Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Sep 26, 2022
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 26, 2022
  4. David Haz Win User

Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

Keep getting blue screen on restart & shut down

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is likely to be caused by a driver and is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses. Stop error codes may be fixed by updating Windows. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check if there are
    updates waiting to be installed on your device. If there are, kindly install these updates and restart your computer. After restarting your computer, see if it still shows the stop error code when restarting or shutting down your computer. Here's how to check
    for updates in Windows 10:

• Press the Start button, then type Windows Update, and select it from the search results.
    • On the Windows Update page, click Check for updates.

If the issue is not resolved, do not hesitate to post back to us.

David Haz, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

1. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update - Similar Threads - restarts SHUT DOWN

2. Can’t update, restart, shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t update, restart, shut down.: Hello.Windows Update in Settings keeps loading only shows the loading circle and after a few minutes it shows a text : “Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later.When i try to restart by choosing update and restart or restart it just get stuck at Restarting with...
  3. Can’t update, restart, shut down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t update, restart, shut down.: Hello.Windows Update in Settings keeps loading only shows the loading circle and after a few minutes it shows a text : “Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later.When i try to restart by choosing update and restart or restart it just get stuck at Restarting with...
  4. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update: Microsoft what the f are you doing when I click "SHUT DOWN and update" I freakin want my pc to turn off not to restart wait a few seconds type my password and wait again, click shut down, then wait AGAIN another 2~3 minutes to turn off and then to see its off. And the f-in...
  5. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update: Microsoft what the f are you doing when I click "SHUT DOWN and update" I freakin want my pc to turn off not to restart wait a few seconds type my password and wait again, click shut down, then wait AGAIN another 2~3 minutes to turn off and then to see its off. And the f-in...
  6. Shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  7. Shut down or restart

Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  8. Restart + Shutting down

Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  9. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  10. Update and Shut down / Update and Restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update and Shut down / Update and Restart: Sometimes after installing maintenance and performing a Restart, the Power options say (Update and Shut down" and "Update and Restart". Windows does not have another Restart scheduled at that point, but the few times I've seen that I decided I'd better do a restart just in...