Windows 10: Windows restarts when I shut down my laptop and update not installing properly.

Discus and support Windows restarts when I shut down my laptop and update not installing properly. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently there was a windows update which was downloaded and installed and like all the updates it demanded a restart. I did so and got the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ShlokSharma1998, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Windows restarts when I shut down my laptop and update not installing properly.

Recently there was a windows update which was downloaded and installed and like all the updates it demanded a restart. I did so and got the message "Installing update Please do now shut down your computer" then the pc restarted and then I was prompted with "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes." And since then whenever I try to shut down my laptop, it always restarts itself. So I have to hard boot the laptop every time by holding the power button and because of this I have been experiencing longer boot times.Some things that I have tried: Disable fast startup in Power OptionsNetwo

:)

ShlokSharma1998, Jul 26, 2021
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Windows restarts when I shut down my laptop and update not installing properly. :confused:*Mad Windows restarts when I shut down my laptop and update not installing properly. :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Windows restarts when I shut down my laptop and update not installing properly.

Windows 8, cant install updates properly.

I ended up just downloading 3 or 4 of the big updates first and letting them install then i will keep doing it till 8.1 is offered.

It also seems to be internet explorer that causes most my issues, It's as if it trys to install fixes for IE9/10 or what ever while trying to install IE11 and it just fails badly lol.

If i don't allow IE to be installed i have a much better experience with updates.

animal007uk, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows restarts when I shut down my laptop and update not installing properly.

1. Windows restarts when I shut down my laptop and update not installing properly. - Similar Threads - restarts shut down

2. Wen i restart or shut down my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wen i restart or shut down my laptop: Windows Script HostScript: C:\Users\aloqa\AppData\Local\Updates\Run.vbsLine Line: 31Char: 1Operation did not complete successfully becauseError: the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.Code: 800700E1 Source:null...
  3. Wen i restart or shut down my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wen i restart or shut down my laptop: Windows Script HostScript: C:\Users\aloqa\AppData\Local\Updates\Run.vbsLine Line: 31Char: 1Operation did not complete successfully becauseError: the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.Code: 800700E1 Source:null...
  4. Windows shut down and restart automatically when I turn on my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows shut down and restart automatically when I turn on my laptop: HelloWhen I press power on button in my laptop, It start for 1 second and accidentally shutting down giving a sound in laptopsound like clicking sound in hard disk and it restart automatically within 2-3 seconds. After that laptop operates normally. This process also happens...
  5. My laptop restarts after I shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop restarts after I shut down: I tried the solution given in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-restarts-automatically-after-shutdown/d975e3ec-4944-4849-9596-e2429246f48a I did steps 1 and 2 but could not find the power management tab as mentioned in step 3. My laptop...
  6. Laptop not shutting down properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop not shutting down properly: For like 3 4 years at this point my laptop wont shut down properly, it worked fine when it was on win7 but at some point i upgraded to win8.1 and on 10 since its release. When i turn it off/hibernate, instead of shutting down properly everything "shuts down" but for some...
  7. My laptop shuts down when i click on restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop shuts down when i click on restart: I am using lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Whenever I click on restart it shuts down the laptop. I have to press Power on button in order to start it.. How do i fix it?...
  8. Windows was not shut down properly but I did shut it down properly!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows was not shut down properly but I did shut it down properly!: Since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, I remain perplexed about this one issue that is plaguing my system: Almost every shut down is reported in the Windows 10 Reliability Monitor as the computer was not shut down properly. This happens on both shut downs and restarts using...
  9. My laptop doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop doesn't shut down properly: Hello, so i have a Dell Inspiron 13 7000 (P57g001), i bought it back in April and in the last few weeks it started to freeze whenever i try to shut it down or put it to sleep or hibernate. It is clear that the OS (win 10) is closing all the programs but when it turns the...
  10. Laptop doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop doesn't shut down properly: Over the past week, I realized whenever I would turn my laptop on, it would state that it was charging, which was weird since it stayed plugged in to an outlet all of the time. I tried to find what was causing this and it turns out, my laptop does not shut down properly....