Windows 10: Windows Restarts when Screen is Locked ONGONG STILL A PROBLEM PRETENDING ITS NOT AN...

Discus and support Windows Restarts when Screen is Locked ONGONG STILL A PROBLEM PRETENDING ITS NOT AN... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Almost every time I return to my PC and unlock it, it seems as though it has just powered up. begins running any start up applications etc and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrFlooglebinder, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Windows Restarts when Screen is Locked ONGONG STILL A PROBLEM PRETENDING ITS NOT AN...

Almost every time I return to my PC and unlock it, it seems as though it has just powered up.

begins running any start up applications etc and all previously open applications are closed.

Then when I fire up chrome it show a pop up stating crome did not shutdown correctly, would you like to restore tabs. etc.

A quick google search shows this bug has been around for a good few years. Are MS even looking into this?

How much longer will MS keep swabbing it off with fixes like change your update settings or power options etc.

Stop closing threads that arent fixed.

FIND THE BUG, PATCH IT THEN CLOSE THE THREAD...

:)

MrFlooglebinder, Sep 25, 2020
  2. little cat, Sep 25, 2020
  3. DaveToms Win User
    Broken security by bypassing lock screen on restart

Question:

Why does Windows bypass the lock screen when it restarts after a Windows update? I consider this a security design flaw. If a maintenance crew came by my home while I'm at work to do some home renovation upgrades but they left the
    front door unlocked when they finished, when I got home I'd wonder what on Earth they were thinking. I hope I've just missed a setting somewhere to disable this.

Three things I accept:

1. Locking my computer to protect my privacy.

2. Windows restarting after an update.

3. Windows automatically updating, which is frustrating but acceptable.

But I don't accept Windows bypassing the lock screen after an update.

Precondition:

Windows 10 is set up to require a password at sign in, both on startup and on the lock screen.

Steps to reproduce:

Step 1: Lock the computer.

Step 2: Leave the room.

Step 3: Wait for Windows to perform an automatic system update.

Step 4: Windows restarts automatically.

Problem 1: Windows bypasses the lock screen, instead signing in and showing the desktop.

Problem 2: Come home and book a doctor's appointment to deal with the stress of seeing my computer unlocked.

It's my first post in the community so suggestions about posting etiquette are welcome.

DaveToms, Sep 25, 2020
  4. rmanasa Win User

Windows Restarts when Screen is Locked ONGONG STILL A PROBLEM PRETENDING ITS NOT AN...

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows Restarts when Screen is Locked ONGONG STILL A PROBLEM PRETENDING ITS NOT AN...

1. Windows Restarts when Screen is Locked ONGONG STILL A PROBLEM PRETENDING ITS NOT AN... - Similar Threads - Restarts Screen Locked

2. Problem with lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with lock screen: The new screen that Windows add in Windows 10 before the login screen has given fits lately. When I start the computer "Lock Screen?" will not allow the login screen to show. There is a delay, seems like eternity :, before I can get the password screen to load. What is wrong...
  3. Windows 10: Laptop restarting problem during charging when its on, Perfectly charged when...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: Laptop restarting problem during charging when its on, Perfectly charged when...: Windows 10: Laptop restarting problem during charging when its on, Perfectly charged when its off. and Perfectly work on battery.My laptop is work perfectly on battery. And when I plugged charger then it start charging. But some time between 1 minutes to infinite minutes its...
  4. Windows 10: Laptop restarting problem during charging when its on, Perfectly charged when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Laptop restarting problem during charging when its on, Perfectly charged when...: Windows 10: Laptop restarting problem during charging when its on, Perfectly charged when its off. and Perfectly work on battery.My laptop is work perfectly on battery. And when I plugged charger then it start charging. But some time between 1 minutes to infinite minutes its...
  5. Windows 10: Laptop restarting problem during charging when its on, Perfectly charged when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Problem with the lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with the lock screen: My windows spotlight does not show pictures in the lock screen. this problem has started when i reset my PC. PLEASE HELP! I have tried all the solutions given under similar solutions but it gave no results...
  7. why close / lock threads which are unsolved pretending that they are?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why close / lock threads which are unsolved pretending that they are?: for example; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/error-0x8007042b-0x2000d-the-installation-failed/4abb4f70-66f1-4c49-960a-ca781d1551db I have the real resolution , and this isn't the first time. Since I have been deploying win 10,...
  8. Lock Screen Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Problem: Hello, I'm using Windows 10 Pro. No matter what Lock Screen picture I select to show during my log-in all that shows is a blank, picture-less background. Sometimes it's a grey background, other times a blue background. But no picture. Does anybody know why my lock screen...
  9. Windows Restarts when Screen is Locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Restarts when Screen is Locked: For some reason windows restarts my Dell L attitude laptop when I lock my screen (Window Icon + L) and go to lunch or to a meeting or whatever. There are no pending updates in fact today I restarted in the morning for an update or something, and then this afternoon when I...
  10. Lock screen bypassed on its own?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen bypassed on its own?: Hello, Recently i notice that i am not being presented with the lock screen initially before the login screen. I don't recall doing anything to bypass the lock screen. Any idea how to get the lock screen back please? Thanks, Troy. 20680