Windows 10: Windows restoration

Discus and support Windows restoration in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop was stuck in a automatic repair loop, and I couldn't fgiure out how to fix is. So I made a recovery drive on my newer desktop, but it copied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Anninme, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Anninme Win User

Windows restoration

My laptop was stuck in a automatic repair loop, and I couldn't fgiure out how to fix is. So I made a recovery drive on my newer desktop, but it copied all my desktop information and I think my laptop now thinks it has my desk tops graphics card. How do i make sure it can use its own graphics card? I dont see it showing up in device manager.

:)

Anninme, Sep 6, 2018
  2. jocksteeluk Win User

Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Sep 6, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Windows restoration [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Sep 6, 2018
  4. exodusprime1337 Win User

Windows restoration

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows restoration

1. Windows restoration - Similar Threads - restoration

2. Trying to Understand Backup/Recover/Restore Options

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Trying to Understand Backup/Recover/Restore Options: New to Windows 10, wanting to set up my backup routine(s). Although I have had Windows systems in the past( 95, XP, Vista, 8.1) still not quite understanding what the various backup options provide. What I have done: Activated File History to an external hard drive. Created...
  3. My PC was restored and my windows 365 is no longer on my pc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My PC was restored and my windows 365 is no longer on my pc?: I had my pc restored and need to reload my windows 365 how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-was-restored-and-my-windows-365-is-no-longer/ebb83bb1-1b77-4b35-b637-7360cac029e4"
  4. restoring my pc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restoring my pc.: I was wondering if I need a restore disk to fresh start my computer to factory? and if I don't will I still have windows 10 home on it or will I need to download it and reinstall it>...
  5. Dell backup and restore

Dell backup and restore: Dell backup and restore has been running for 14 hours, is something wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-backup-and-restore/a31854b5-8606-409a-a1c7-d6491372a9ef
  6. Windows 10 | Default Fonts | Can't Restore

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 | Default Fonts | Can't Restore: Hello, I installed some old software on my Windows 10 device and it changed the font to some old XP font. Here is a screenshot: 2018-11-17_0929 Unfortunately I didn't have system recovery enabled and have no restore point to revert back to. I have tried the following: 1....
  7. Saved system image not recognized for restoration

Saved system image not recognized for restoration: Windows 10 machine. Made system image back-up using Windows 7 utility within Windows 10 before sending PC out for repair. System board was replaced. However, Backup and Restore (Windows 7) does not find the image on my external hard drive....
  8. System restore is very slow to load and open

System restore is very slow to load and open: When starting "system restore" tool, it takes very long time to load and open!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-is-very-slow-to-load-and-open/b310f11e-8f52-407e-a92b-1837b581e9a7
  9. Windows 10 won't load, restore, reset or even re-install from Windows USB drive

Windows 10 won't load, restore, reset or even re-install from Windows USB drive: I have had Windows 10 Home on my PC for 3 years. Today it won't load. I am not aware of an update being installed during the past 24 hours. I have tried restart, restore to Nov 10th and Nov 3rd restore points, Reset but save my data, Reset and delete everything. The...
  10. I seem to have losy my desktop page , please restore

in Windows 10 Customization
    I seem to have losy my desktop page , please restore: I seem to have lost my desktop page please restore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-seem-to-have-losy-my-desktop-page-please-restore/a4bd6317-aa2e-4ac2-96e8-8a40550674a0