Windows 10: Windows Restore failure

Discus and support Windows Restore failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was trying to restore my Windows 10 laptop to a clean point so that I can give to a friend. As the process finishes and tries to initialize, I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Twoputt131, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Windows Restore failure

I was trying to restore my Windows 10 laptop to a clean point so that I can give to a friend. As the process finishes and tries to initialize, I found out that the battery had failed and would not hold a charge. I've now ordered a new battery, charged it up and now the PC is stuck in an endless loop after asking for Country, keyboard layout and time zone. I press next and the PC won't restart. It's trying to find an internet connection. I've tried wifi and hard wired to the router and windows fails. After countless attempts, I'm stuck and don't know what else to do. any suggestions?

:)

Twoputt131, Jun 24, 2019

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Jun 24, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Windows Restore failure [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 24, 2019
  4. Windows Restore failure

Failure to restore system using a system restore point

Hi Alpe,

There are several ways to perform a system restore, such as through Control Panel, using a recovery drive, or using an installation media. For us to add clarification, we would like to know the following:

• Why do you need to perform a system restore? Have you encountered any system failures?
    • Have you encountered any error messages when performing a system restore?

In the meantime, you can use this article as your reference in performing a system restore:

Recovery options in Windows 10
    . Click each drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows Restore failure

1. Windows Restore failure - Similar Threads - Restore failure

2. User-Password Trouble After Full Restore From SSD Failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    User-Password Trouble After Full Restore From SSD Failure: I have several PCs running Windows 10 Pro. The SSD on one failed and I could not repair/restore so I h=downloaded the recovery file from MS to USB and eventually got windows 10 pro installed on new SSD. I selected did not have activation code and answered questions about my...
  3. User-Password Trouble After Full Restore From SSD Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User-Password Trouble After Full Restore From SSD Failure: I have several PCs running Windows 10 Pro. The SSD on one failed and I could not repair/restore so I h=downloaded the recovery file from MS to USB and eventually got windows 10 pro installed on new SSD. I selected did not have activation code and answered questions about my...
  4. User-Password Trouble After Full Restore From SSD Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Usser-Password Trouble After Full Restore From SSD Failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Usser-Password Trouble After Full Restore From SSD Failure: I have several PCs running Windows 10 Pro. The SSD on one failed and I could not repair/restore so I h=downloaded the recovery file from MS to USB and eventually got windows 10 pro installed on new SSD. I selected did not have activation code and answered questions about my...
  6. Windows 10 restore failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 restore failure: Dell Inspiron 3505, just upgraded to 500GB M2 from a 128GB M2. Also added another 8GB RAM. Plan to create dual boot machine with Windows 10 & Linux. Created GPT partition table via gparted & 128GB NTFS primary parition for Win10. Booted from a system restore USB I made....
  7. Windows 10 restore failure

Windows 10 restore failure: Dell Inspiron 3505, just upgraded to 500GB M2 from a 128GB M2. Also added another 8GB RAM. Plan to create dual boot machine with Windows 10 & Linux. Created GPT partition table via gparted & 128GB NTFS primary parition for Win10. Booted from a system restore USB I made....
  8. Windows 10 restore failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Blue Screens, System Restore Failure, and Black Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screens, System Restore Failure, and Black Screen: I was on Chrome watching Youtube when all of a sudden everything froze and I blue screened. The computer restarted and everything was fine. Then I noticed that the cursor was gone. My mouse and keyboard were not working. I restarted one more time and the mouse and keyboard...
  10. Blue Screens, System Restore Failure, and Black Screen

Blue Screens, System Restore Failure, and Black Screen: I was on Chrome watching Youtube when all of a sudden everything froze and I blue screened. The computer restarted and everything was fine. Then I noticed that the cursor was gone. My mouse and keyboard were not working. I restarted one more time and the mouse and keyboard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows restore failure

2. windows 10 unspecified error during restore 0x80071160