Windows 10: Windows Restore stuck at Intializing

Discus and support Windows Restore stuck at Intializing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Started Windows Restore in win 10 64 bit system, but it got stuck at initializing for more than an hour.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AryeshAditya, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Windows Restore stuck at Intializing

Started Windows Restore in win 10 64 bit system, but it got stuck at initializing for more than an hour.

:)

AryeshAditya, Mar 2, 2019

2. System restore got stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What was the exact issue that you were facing that lead to perform restore?
    • Did you receive any error message, when the system restore got stuck?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

Since the computer is being stuck, I suggest you to restart the computer and try to perform the restore again and check if it helps.

I also suggest you to provide more information regarding the issue which led to perform system restore along with the make and model of the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Mar 2, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Windows Restore stuck at Intializing

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Windows Restore stuck at Intializing [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows Restore stuck at Intializing

1. Windows Restore stuck at Intializing - Similar Threads - Restore stuck Intializing

2. roblox stuck at intializing device helpme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roblox stuck at intializing device helpme: help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roblox-stuck-at-intializing-device-helpme/7b0a54ea-a1fc-43f9-ac24-92685bb2069c
  3. roblox stuck at intializing device helpme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    roblox stuck at intializing device helpme: help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roblox-stuck-at-intializing-device-helpme/7b0a54ea-a1fc-43f9-ac24-92685bb2069c
  4. Disk "D" not intialized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk "D" not intialized: Earlier, I got a blue screen. Though nothing of it till I found that my D drive was missing. I looked up how to find it online and I eventually did. But now, when I go to Disk Management, one of my drives is "unknown: not initialized" and when I try to go to initialize it is...
  5. Disk "D" not intialized

Disk "D" not intialized: Earlier, I got a blue screen. Though nothing of it till I found that my D drive was missing. I looked up how to find it online and I eventually did. But now, when I go to Disk Management, one of my drives is "unknown: not initialized" and when I try to go to initialize it is...
  6. Disk "D" not intialized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Stuck at restoring

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at restoring: Hello sir I have done system restore and now it is stuck at restoring registry files for an hour please tell me what can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-at-restoring/ed44bc09-963a-4f83-a489-c24dd0131e05
  8. How to change Email for the Intial Adminstrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change Email for the Intial Adminstrator: long story short.. i signed up using mine and soon to be ex husbands email.. so naturally, i do not want to see this email anymore. 53974
  9. Windows 10 TAPI intialize fails!

Windows 10 TAPI intialize fails!: I am having the issues with TAPI and my search shows that all users face the same. It seems the windows 10 TAPI fails to initialize! I can not believe how Microsoft could release like that and not fix it yet. Here is how to reproduce it - download sample code from...
  10. Unable to intialize Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to intialize Hard Disk: My Hard disk went bad recently.. so I just went to the RMA center to have it replaced as it is still under warranty. I take the new hard disk back home to my computer and now when I try to initialize it... I get all sorts of stupid errors. I/O error, CRC error , missing...