Windows 10: Windows Restore: system restore from a previous installation of Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Restore: system restore from a previous installation of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, My operating system recently had a turd and could not be recovered using the windows recovery tool. So I had to reinstall windows 10 Pro. upon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Velez0777, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Velez0777 Win User

Windows Restore: system restore from a previous installation of Windows 10

Hello, My operating system recently had a turd and could not be recovered using the windows recovery tool. So I had to reinstall windows 10 Pro.

upon reinstalling Windows I tried to access my restore point I had created in a secondary drive. but when using "backup" in settings, "file restore", and even system restore/image restore none of them could recognize my old restore point. To add to everything else all of my files from the previous installation were moved to a windows.old file within the C drive. I was able to create new restore points in the same location as my previous install and all 3 methods of restore, and they see that restore point, but not the old one.

So my question is how to I get windows to recognize my previous restore point (15gb) from my previous installation of windows?

:)

Velez0777, Aug 16, 2018

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Exeodus Win User
    Windows XP PRO error after restore

Unfortunately, System Restore doesn't always work so well. The only way to properly fix this is issue is to do a fresh install of windows.

Exeodus, Aug 16, 2018
  4. keakar Win User

How do I disable system restore?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by keakar
    all system restore is a backup copy of your hard drive

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

System Restore is a component of Microsoft's Windows Me, Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems that allows for the rolling back of system files, registry keys, installed programs, etc., to a previous state in the event of a failure.

so how is that not a back up copy of the system? it is a program that uses backed up data to restore files.

i was giving a generalized simple explanation of what it did, i was not trying to be technical about it. *Stick Out Tongue Windows Restore: system restore from a previous installation of Windows 10 :p

keakar, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Restore: system restore from a previous installation of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Restore system restore

2. Restoring to a previous version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring to a previous version of windows 10: Due to a failed windows update I lost my entire OS and had to reinstall, losing all the data and programs that had not yet been backed up. With the new build, some of my apps do not work correctly some have known issues that the developer is working on. They worked well in...
  3. System restore to the previous point

System restore to the previous point: I am planning to restore my laptop to a previous point.I have made some changes to the settings of third party applications like eclipse.But these settings are changed recently i.e after the date that which I want to restore to.Once I restore to that date,will the settings go...
  4. Restoring previous windows version

Restoring previous windows version: Restoring previous window version stuck on loop, plss help me, If I cant fix this, I wont be able to be present in our online class https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-previous-windows-version/4f9dd09a-7fad-419a-947c-1e2b92b761bb
  5. Restoration of previous Windows version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restoration of previous Windows version: I have replaced my hard drive & I want to restore my earlier Windows version. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoration-of-previous-windows-version/f18453db-fdb3-4b0b-aef4-20347a27bff7
  6. restore windows 10 to previous date

restore windows 10 to previous date: restore windows 10 to past date after update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-windows-10-to-previous-date/25974bd1-b6e2-4eaa-8dc8-7ff947a4cf14
  7. Restoration of previous version of windows

Restoration of previous version of windows: I was playing video suddenly chrome stopped responding so i press shutdown button and it started updating windows on 13% i again press shutdown it stopped updating and now from past 2hrs its showing blank screen saying Attempting to recover installation and restoring your...
  8. Delete System Image Restore Point from System Restore in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete System Image Restore Point from System Restore in Windows 10: How to: Delete System Image Restore Point from System Restore in Windows 10 When you System Restore. These will appear alongside the other restore points as 'type Backup' when you tick the box for 'Show more restore points' in System Restore. [img] Unlike...
  9. System Restore will not do a restore to previous created Point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore will not do a restore to previous created Point: I am running windows 10 PRO (64Bit) Version 1709 installed about October2017 I have a MBR Partition 1 TB HD Everytime I try to use System Restore ( For any type of reason) Most of which is just to see if it works, Does not, and it has not worked since I went from version...
  10. Windows 10 restoring automatically to previous version after install

Windows 10 restoring automatically to previous version after install: I have tried 3 times to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7. Each time everything goes great then on completion i get the message restoring to to windows 7 and i am back to square one. Any suggestions anyone please ?????*Mad 13562