Windows 10: Windows restoring old wallpaper and trojan

Discus and support Windows restoring old wallpaper and trojan in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Everytime i fresh install my windows 10 using a usb stick and format and reinstall, after a couple of hours my old wallpaper(preformat) appears on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bassel467, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Windows restoring old wallpaper and trojan

Everytime i fresh install my windows 10 using a usb stick and format and reinstall, after a couple of hours my old wallpaper(preformat) appears on my desktop. Where did it come from? Where are your wallpapers backed up?? i don't even have a Onedrive account. Also right after the fresh install, i added all my emails reinstalled steam and google chrome, i decided to run a full scan using defender, it found the Trojan:HTML/Phish.F Where the hell did it come from? i didn't download anything sketchy. It was located appdata/local/comms/unistore/data/3/f/f- many number.dat

Are they related?

EDIT: the usb stick used to do a fresh install was fully formated, and i didn't plug in any other external storage device. Im seriously baffled to where the trojan came from, i did the fresh install today

submitted by /u/bassel467
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bassel467, Apr 14, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Windows restoring old wallpaper and trojan [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Windows restoring old wallpaper and trojan

unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows restoring old wallpaper and trojan

1. Windows restoring old wallpaper and trojan - Similar Threads - restoring old wallpaper

2. Some Old Wallpapers Keep Displaying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some Old Wallpapers Keep Displaying: Hi Community,Contrarily to other posts that I've looked, I'm having the reverse issue: I keep getting annoyed by older wallpapers that I once set, part of a slideshow folder.In spite of setting a different folder for new wallpapers, I'm now getting a mix of older and newer...
  3. Some Old Wallpapers Keep Displaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Old Wallpapers Keep Displaying: Hi Community,Contrarily to other posts that I've looked, I'm having the reverse issue: I keep getting annoyed by older wallpapers that I once set, part of a slideshow folder.In spite of setting a different folder for new wallpapers, I'm now getting a mix of older and newer...
  4. How to see my old wallpapers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to see my old wallpapers: Old wallpapers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-see-my-old-wallpapers/8cbab8fc-8ee2-4c91-a84a-aa6a06ebc5e1
  5. Finding Old Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding Old Wallpaper: I just upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. When I did, it automatically used my old wallpaper, a custom image I'd drawn up in an art program if I recall, this image automatically showed up on my new computer when I first logged in on my old account. However, after...
  6. Finding Old Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding Old Wallpaper: I just upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. When I did, it automatically used my old wallpaper, a custom image I'd drawn up in an art program if I recall, this image automatically showed up on my new computer when I first logged in on my old account. However, after...
  7. i want to restore the old windows.old folders but the trojan deleted and full formatted c:...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i want to restore the old windows.old folders but the trojan deleted and full formatted c:...: i want to restore the old windows.old folders because it has generic volume to restore the partition to before it was i guess i think i dont know i just see random number and letters finded lost partitions i guess should i just delete that somehow and change the first sector...
  8. Windows 10 old wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 old wallpaper: I lost my windows 10 original wallpaper.Can someone help me restore it? I already tried searching bing and all other the websites but its of no use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-old-wallpaper/58d949f0-b776-4f77-97c2-4b9ba493ea0a
  9. Getting old windows wallpapers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting old windows wallpapers: I want to get an old windows wallpaper that looked like a brain in a black background, one side multi-coloured and other like some sort of circuit. I really liked this wallpaper. Is there a place to download it?...
  10. Accidentally restored quarantined trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accidentally restored quarantined trojan: I got a trojan quarantined but instead of clicking remove, I clicked restore. Now whenever I scan the file nothing shows up apart form a notification saying that the scanner skipped a file. When I click it, it takes me to the exclusions page, but there's nothing there. What...