Windows 10: Windows restricted to half screen when Display scaled to 150%

Discus and support Windows restricted to half screen when Display scaled to 150% in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We have a situation where a desktop's display is scaled to the top-half of the screen when we adjust the scaling to 150% - The start menu and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KemarB, Mar 27, 2020.

1. KemarB Win User

Windows restricted to half screen when Display scaled to 150%

We have a situation where a desktop's display is scaled to the top-half of the screen when we adjust the scaling to 150%

- The start menu and the Task bar are in the right place

- In fact, if you do not open any windows, you will not realize that there is a problem.

Once we open a window, it is restricted to only the top half of the screen.

- We have tried changing resolution to no avail.

Anyone else experienced similar issue? Any suggestions on how to resolve?

System specs:

Display Adapter: AMD Radeon pro wx 2100

:)

KemarB, Mar 27, 2020

2. Problem with display scaling on dual 4K and standard screens

I have a Dell Precision T5810 workstation running Windows 10 Pro (Xeon E5-1620 processor, 16GB RAM). There are dual displays (extended): Dell S2817Q 4K monitor running at 3840x2160 on the Display Port outlet of an Nvidia Quadro K620 card (Driver version
    397.64) and a second monitor - Dell 2007FP running at 1600x1200 on the DVI outlet.

I have the 4K monitor with scaling at the recommended 150% and the 2007FP at 100%.

I have an issue with menu panels in AutoCAD - when I drag a sub-menu (Design Center palette) onto the 2007FP, it displaces from the cursor and only half appears, the rest is off-screen to the right. This is a problem as the title bar is vertical on the right-hand
    edge of the menu, so I cannot drag it back as the cursor is restricted to the physical screen.

This does not occur with other windows, such as Explorer or Word.

It is as if the sub-menu retains the 150% scaling of the 4K display when it transfers to the other display instead of taking on the 100% scaling of the 2007FP.

Is there any settings I have missed?

fircroftstar, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Creator's update - Every time I undock, scaling goes to 150%

We appreciate that you have checked your drivers and followed the suggested troubleshooting steps. Since the issue is still the same, this can be related to the new customer scaling settings that came with the Creator's Update. Can you follow the steps below
    so we can check it for you:

• Click on Start then Settings.
    • Choose System then Display.
    • Under Display, select Custom scaling and set it to 100%.

Update us on how it goes as we are eager to get this resolved for you.

Jennifer Bri, Mar 27, 2020
  4. schmak Win User

Windows 10 Creator's update - Every time I undock, scaling goes to 150%

This did the trick for me. I am asking my employee to test it on his surface 3.

schmak, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows restricted to half screen when Display scaled to 150% - Similar Threads - restricted half screen

2. The home icons are blurred in 150% scale settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The home icons are blurred in 150% scale settings.: I have a laptop with 1080x1920 resolution, so automatically windows show the 150% scale settings recommended for my screen resolution, but the problem is the icons in the "home" folder are blurry not good looking. But the icons look normal when I use the 100% scaling, so any...
  3. The home icons are blurred in 150% scale settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The home icons are blurred in 150% scale settings.: I have a laptop with 1080x1920 resolution, so automatically windows show the 150% scale settings recommended for my screen resolution, but the problem is the icons in the "home" folder are blurry not good looking. But the icons look normal when I use the 100% scaling, so any...
  4. In which window update 150% scale rollback?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In which window update 150% scale rollback?: Hi,I want to know in which window update 150% scale feature rollbak. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-which-window-update-150-scale-rollback/a1f67d20-410d-4541-a7d3-d8eb5a9883a8
  5. In which window update 150% scale rollback?

In which window update 150% scale rollback?: Hi,I want to know in which window update 150% scale feature rollbak. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-which-window-update-150-scale-rollback/a1f67d20-410d-4541-a7d3-d8eb5a9883a8
  6. Why does windows set a kiosk users scale 150%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does windows set a kiosk users scale 150%?: Hello,In windows 11, I’m using the kiosk wizard to create a new user that runs MS edge. This kiosk is to display a sign. My problem is the windows user that is created is defaulted to 150% scale. I can’t get to the user settings to change the scale to 100%. Also if I create a...
  7. Why does windows set a kiosk users scale 150%?

Why does windows set a kiosk users scale 150%?: Hello,In windows 11, I’m using the kiosk wizard to create a new user that runs MS edge. This kiosk is to display a sign. My problem is the windows user that is created is defaulted to 150% scale. I can’t get to the user settings to change the scale to 100%. Also if I create a...
  8. 150% Scaling causes resoultion issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    150% Scaling causes resoultion issues: Hello, I have my scaling option set to 150%My problem is that some applications have problems dealing with this setting, for example when I open properties for a folder/file the window that pops up looks a little blurry.However, if I set the scaling option to 100% the window...
  9. Scale screens in the "Display" menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scale screens in the "Display" menu?: Hello, I bought a new monitor (3820x2160) and my old one has a resolution of 1920x1080, as you can see on the picture the 2 is unfortunately much too small and then does not correspond to reality. Is it possible to scale the second or the first one differently? [ATTACH]...
  10. Full screen, half screen windows not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Full screen, half screen windows not displaying correctly: Hi, --- I wasn’t sure what forum this should be in, so apologies if I’ve chosen the wrong one --- I've had a triple monitor set-up for some time now, with windows displaying in full screen, half screen etc. no problem. I've been using the Sizer application to manage my...