Windows 10: Windows - Retail or OEM

Discus and support Windows - Retail or OEM in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi! I got a 6 year old computer from one company. Windows has been removed from it, so I should buy new Windows and install them. Which version should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TiNo_516, Feb 19, 2021.

1. TiNo_516 Win User

Windows - Retail or OEM

Hi!
    I got a 6 year old computer from one company. Windows has been removed from it, so I should buy new Windows and install them. Which version should I buy - OEM or Retail. Someone tells me: To be legal you need to buy Retail. Why OEM is not legal in this case?

:)

TiNo_516, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows - Retail or OEM

1. Windows - Retail or OEM - Similar Threads - Retail OEM

2. Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website: I have seen some people saying that on the Microsoft website they sell retail keys for windows 11 and i just wanted to check if this was the case. also if i replaced my motherboard would a retail key still be usable on the new motherboard?...
  3. Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website: I have seen some people saying that on the Microsoft website they sell retail keys for windows 11 and i just wanted to check if this was the case. also if i replaced my motherboard would a retail key still be usable on the new motherboard?...
  4. use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license: I try to transfer my windows 10 PRO RETAIL license to new laptop with no luck.the problem:I have old laptop with activated windows 10 PRO digital license - when checking lsmgr it claims that is RETAIL license and I have now new laptop which comes with windows 11 HOME OEM...
  5. use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license

use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license: I try to transfer my windows 10 PRO RETAIL license to new laptop with no luck.the problem:I have old laptop with activated windows 10 PRO digital license - when checking lsmgr it claims that is RETAIL license and I have now new laptop which comes with windows 11 HOME OEM...
  6. how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?: How to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without a complete reinstall of Windows 11?In other words: how to make the Windows 11 home dependant on the Motherboard?We have to change a new MoBo , that has to be exchanged for a bit stronger one.Windows 11 home...
  7. how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?

how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?: How to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without a complete reinstall of Windows 11?In other words: how to make the Windows 11 home dependant on the Motherboard?We have to change a new MoBo , that has to be exchanged for a bit stronger one.Windows 11 home...
  8. Can oem Windows can be reactivated in same pc when retail Windows is already there?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can oem Windows can be reactivated in same pc when retail Windows is already there?: Hi, my laptop come with oem Windows 10 and i installed retail Windows on it , now i want to use my oem Windows again my laptop so that i can transfer retail Windows to other pc , is it possible to do this?...
  9. Can oem Windows can be reactivated in same pc when retail Windows is already there?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can oem Windows can be reactivated in same pc when retail Windows is already there?: Hi, my laptop come with oem Windows 10 and i installed retail Windows on it , now i want to use my oem Windows again my laptop so that i can transfer retail Windows to other pc , is it possible to do this?...
  10. Can oem Windows can be reactivated in same pc when retail Windows is already there?