Windows 10: Windows returns to lock screen after login / entering correct pin or password

Discus and support Windows returns to lock screen after login / entering correct pin or password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; As simple as I said it in title, this problem literally locks you out of your user account and won't let you in. It as the same as this discussion... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by rezamokhtari, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Windows returns to lock screen after login / entering correct pin or password

As simple as I said it in title, this problem literally locks you out of your user account and won't let you in.

It as the same as this discussion that they've solved in multiple methods; Windows lock screen after login

BUT ; I have found a better solution

Their solution was;

A. Backing up user folder and reset or reinstall windows the last solution of all problems

B. Doing a create and delete game with user accounts in CMD He described it with a little story you might want to read

And My Solution C Is;

1. Calm Down, you're not locked out of your PC forever. The worst thing that's going to happen is yo get a clean windows installation and you'll have your beloved documents , just by using method "A" Should I mention that I was terrified?!

2. Just in the corner of login screen where you enter your pin/password, there's a power menu. Click on it.

3. Hold shift and click on Restart. It brings up boot option menu which there are other ways to access it as well

4. Go to Troubleshoot

5. Press System Restore ; If you'd have any system restore points created , it will be shown in a few next-es and you'll gain control over your account by just restoring the most recent restore point, if not , read solution " D"

solution D ; Obviously , if you were not able to fix your problem through " System Restore " option , you have to move on to the other ones. If the "Start-up repair" and booting in safe mode and reset the pc by keeping files didn't work , you may want to copy your user folder data using CMD or something and then reset it by wiping out everything. Imp. --> Refer to a technician if you got some important files on your C drive

:)

rezamokhtari, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Betohaku Win User

Windows 10 lock screen freeze / cannot enter password. Also cannot add pin

There are two (probably related) problems with the Windows 10 lock screen on my ASUS GL552VW laptop, that started in February 2017:

• Sometimes (not always), when clicking the lock screen to log in, the password bar doesn't appear. So it does go to the next screen (avatar and user info disappear, background brightness changes), but the password screen is empty (all I see is the background
      image, and I can't go back to choose an other user). I have tried Ctrl+Alt+Del, as well as just pressing Enter (once, twice, thrice), entering password and pressing enter again, as well as changing the password in Settings.
    • It's impossible to add a PIN. I used to have a pin, but a few weeks ago it suddenly disappeared and I had to use the full password instead. When clicking "Add PIN" in Settings/Accounts/Sing-in options, it requests my password and then does nothing. I have
      tried running gpedit.msc (doesn't exist in my system32 folder), fiddling with C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC, as well as chaning the account password. I can't do suggestions 2 and 4 since
      the "forgot pin" and "sign in with local account" options don't exist in my settings screen.
    To use the laptop when the lock screen doesn't work, I now have to restart every time the screen is locked (it does work after a restart, but fails again as soon as I put the laptop in sleep/hyber/lock).

How can I fix this problem, ie making the PIN login work again?

*** Post edited to remove third-party link ***

Betohaku, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 asking for login password even after upgrading the virus protection on the PC instead of PIN password. How to switch back to PIN password?

Hello Billy,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you see Sign-in options option on the lock screen?
    • Are you using Microsoft account to login into the user profile?

If you have set an alpha-numeric password at the installation stage of Windows 10 OS and then changed the sign-in option to PIN password, you will be able to choose between the passwords entries at the login screen of the Windows.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if you see the
    Sign-in options option on the lock screen. If you do, click on the option and check if you can choose and enter PIN password to access your user profile.

Method 2: If the option is not presented on the lock screen and you are using Microsoft account to login into the user profile,
    I suggest you to change the login password from the link below and set PIN password to your user account by following the steps below.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Accounts from the options and click on
      Sign-in options
      from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add under PIN settings, verify your account and setup a new PIN password for your user account.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Windows returns to lock screen after login / entering correct pin or password

Windows 10 stuck at lock screen, unable to enter password

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you trying to log-in using Microsoft account or local account?
    • Are you trying to enter pin or password?

Assuming that this issue might be because of keyboard, I suggest you to use on-screen keyboard from the lock screen and check if it helps.

Steps: From the lock screen, click on Ease of access and click on On-screen keyboard.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows returns to lock screen after login / entering correct pin or password

1. Windows returns to lock screen after login / entering correct pin or password - Similar Threads - returns lock screen

2. enter password and returns to password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    enter password and returns to password: Computer hacked I enter password and returns to password and the pin says no pin set up exists https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-password-and-returns-to-password/dcf20188-2672-465b-b624-80789e7d4333
  3. enter password and returns to password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enter password and returns to password: Computer hacked I enter password and returns to password and the pin says no pin set up exists https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-password-and-returns-to-password/dcf20188-2672-465b-b624-80789e7d4333
  4. enter password and returns to password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to login my laptop after entering correct password but it shows incorrect password?

How to login my laptop after entering correct password but it shows incorrect password?: My lenovo laptop runs on Windows 10. Today when I started my laptop by pressing power button and enter the correct password to login, it shows incorrect password. I took help from utube to fixed this problem but every effort went in vain....
  6. How to login my laptop after entering correct password but it shows incorrect password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to login my laptop after entering correct password but it shows incorrect password?: My lenovo laptop runs on Windows 10. Today when I started my laptop by pressing power button and enter the correct password to login, it shows incorrect password. I took help from utube to fixed this problem but every effort went in vain....
  7. How to login my laptop after entering correct password but it shows incorrect password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Blank Lock Screen Password Entering Window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Lock Screen Password Entering Window: [IMG] My laptop sometimes experiences this blank passwird entering window.it is hapening wheni opened laptop after i sleep it.it occurs sometimes.how can i fix this...
  9. screen lock pin/password

screen lock pin/password: I simply need to change my pin/password that I have on my laptop. I remember my old one I just need to change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-lock-pinpassword/2ccf2c9f-29d1-4697-9c40-ba0e2fd6e155
  10. Unable to Enter Password in Login Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Enter Password in Login Screen: Split from this thread. PHYSICAL LENOVO KEYBOARD SET TO US ENG....EXACTLY THE SAME AS BEFORE UPGRADE Moderator Note for Clarification: Unable to enter password to login to Windows. This happens after upgrade...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I cant use my laptop windows lock screen comes back on immediately i enter my password

2. when i enter passdword of windows7 it returns to lo screen again