Windows 10: Windows Rollback loop

Discus and support Windows Rollback loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Stuck in a boot loop. Can get into Advanced Options, however there are 3 operating systems available Windows Rollback, Windows 10 on volume 4, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kayden Myers Sidium IT, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Windows Rollback loop

Stuck in a boot loop. Can get into Advanced Options, however there are 3 operating systems available Windows Rollback, Windows 10 on volume 4, and Windows 10 on volume 4 and the default seems to be Windows Rollback which appears to be preventing windows startup. how do i change the default, or remove the offending operating system?

:)

Kayden Myers Sidium IT, Oct 20, 2020
  2. BarryRand Win User

Windows rollback loop

After a windows 10 update, my ASUS X55U laptop remained in a rollback loop. I have tried Bob Omb's suggestion in the Jan 16, 2018 thread by Martin Bar ie. run chkdsk c:/r/x (no bad clusters, usn journal verification) and sfc/scannow (Windows Resource
    Protection could not perform the required operation). I do not have a boot disc or USB

BarryRand, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Rollback boot loop

I was trying to install Windows 10 to a different drive and it failed. I selected to rollback and undo the changes now I'm stuck in a loop. I can only get to bios and I disconnected every drive except the OS M.2. How do I get out of this?

gettheclicker, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Windows Rollback loop

Windows stuck on previous restoring loop

Hi Mandy,

When an update to a newer version of Windows 10 is not successfully installed the device will automatically rollback to the previous version. If the device is stuck in a loop of restoring the previous version of Windows, this could be caused by system files
    that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any other changes made prior to the issue occurring?
    • Were there any error messages that showed up when you saw the restore loop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you completed?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows Rollback loop

1. Windows Rollback loop - Similar Threads - Rollback loop

2. MSI Laptop stuck in rollback loop, locked out of bios and unable to reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI Laptop stuck in rollback loop, locked out of bios and unable to reboot: Hello,I invoke the power of the windows wizard council to hear my blight. This morning I had got on my laptop and it asked to update. After doing doing so the update was taking an excruciatingly long time.Impatiently, I had just turned off the laptop after 30min and it only...
  3. MSI Laptop stuck in rollback loop, locked out of bios and unable to reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI Laptop stuck in rollback loop, locked out of bios and unable to reboot: Hello,I invoke the power of the windows wizard council to hear my blight. This morning I had got on my laptop and it asked to update. After doing doing so the update was taking an excruciatingly long time.Impatiently, I had just turned off the laptop after 30min and it only...
  4. a 22H2 windows 10 update failed and stays in loop with logs: Rollback: Failed to execute...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a 22H2 windows 10 update failed and stays in loop with logs: Rollback: Failed to execute...: Hi,would you please try to help me.restarted the system after a 22H2 Windows 10 update.since yesterday it did stay in loop with "Undoing changes...."have a dual linux laptop and could read all log files and also modify some, if I should know witch of them.cat...
  5. a 22H2 windows 10 update failed and stays in loop with logs: Rollback: Failed to execute...

a 22H2 windows 10 update failed and stays in loop with logs: Rollback: Failed to execute...: Hi,would you please try to help me.restarted the system after a 22H2 Windows 10 update.since yesterday it did stay in loop with "Undoing changes...."have a dual linux laptop and could read all log files and also modify some, if I should know witch of them.cat...
  6. a 22H2 windows 10 update failed and stays in loop with logs: Rollback: Failed to execute...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 11 rollback to Windows 10 stuck in an endless loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 rollback to Windows 10 stuck in an endless loop: Hi,Trying to rollback Windows 11 to Windows 10. It is stuck in an endless loop - so far 8 hours of continuous restart loops approx 1 minute intervals. “restoring your previous version of Windows”. Constant. Have tried repairing start up both with Win 10 and Win 11 on USB,...
  8. Windows 11 rollback to Windows 10 stuck in an endless loop

Windows 11 rollback to Windows 10 stuck in an endless loop: Hi,Trying to rollback Windows 11 to Windows 10. It is stuck in an endless loop - so far 8 hours of continuous restart loops approx 1 minute intervals. “restoring your previous version of Windows”. Constant. Have tried repairing start up both with Win 10 and Win 11 on USB,...
  9. Rollback loop

Rollback loop: Hi, i have 2 systems that keep going into a rollback loop, showing only the bios splash screen and then immediately rebooting. I believe this has something to do with the rollback option in the recovery area. I have fixed it and then it reverts to the rollback boot....
  10. Rollback boot loop

Rollback boot loop: I was trying to install Windows 10 to a different drive and it failed. I selected to rollback and undo the changes now I'm stuck in a loop. I can only get to bios and I disconnected every drive except the OS M.2. How do I get out of this? 152395