Windows 10: Windows RT will not be able to run Universal apps after Update 3 is...

Discus and support Windows RT will not be able to run Universal apps after Update 3 is... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you are a Windows developer, you will surely have heard Microsoft's new pitch: build Universal apps. The idea is that you can run your apps on any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 9, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows RT will not be able to run Universal apps after Update 3 is...

Source

:)

labeeman, Aug 9, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

Do we know if there will be a sync type app like iTunes or wireless sync to keep the WinPhone 8 synced to new WinTablets and apps....like the iPhone system syncs all.....

Yes, Surface Pro (or any tablet or computer running Windows 8) will be able to run any app from the Windows Store as well as any desktop app. Windows 8 a superset of Windows RT.

Entegy, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Trouble upgrading Surface 8.1 to 10

If its a Surface RT or Surface 2 model, it cannot run Windows 10. Only the Surface Pro, Pro 2, Pro 3 and Surface 3 can run Windows 10.

Microsoft did provide an update for Surface RT devices that provides some of the Windows 10 functionality:

Windows RT 8.1 Update 3 with Start Menu Available Now ... -

Andre Da Costa, Aug 9, 2015
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

What are Universal apps. . .not sure what they are, or what their importance to users might be. . .*Confused

Thema:

1. Windows RT will not be able to run Universal apps after Update 3 is... - Similar Threads - able run Universal

2. Not able to run ChatGPT desktop app on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to run ChatGPT desktop app on windows 11: Downloaded it the app from here:https://github.com/f/awesome-chatgpt-promptsIt was previously installed and not sure for what reason i had to remove it, then i came back to install itIt was working before. anyone has similar experience or MS acting like tyrant big brother...
  3. Universal mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Universal mail App: I purchased the Universal mail App. When I tried to log in to my third-party email account it gives the message "account type not support" . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-mail-app/82675005-5158-41aa-aa4f-f4f9343170c2
  4. Universal apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Universal apps: Hello Microsoft I need a bit of help with something. I need a way of hiding Universal apps from being in my start bar. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-apps/0e601425-6323-4ead-b1b4-0e6f208dd544
  5. Universal app emulator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Universal app emulator?: Please read carefully before replying. I have read here that a developer can use an emulator included in Microsoft Visual Studio to test his universal (modern interface, Windows Store) apps, even if he is running Windows 7 on his computer. This is interesting as there are...
  6. Installed 3 apps that will not run.

Installed 3 apps that will not run.: upgraded to Win10 3 days ago. Installed Hulu plus and Netflix but the apps show up blank and when I click on them they open the Store App. Reinstalled several times with same results. Found nothing that helped in the forums. Anyone have suggestions. Also install Amazon with a...
  7. Cant Update Universal Apps in the Windows Store

Cant Update Universal Apps in the Windows Store: So its pretty much just as the title says. I try to update anything or download anything I get a message that states. Try that again, Error, See details Inside it says. Something went wrong. Error code 0x80070005, in case you need it Any help with this would be...
  8. Universal apps how to?

Universal apps how to?: Is there a way to check if an app is Universal or not? For example, if I want to install the Netflix Universal app, will it just automatically be the one in the store? Because, isn't there still a non-universal version? Also, I have heard about people sorting or organizing,...
  9. iOS apps coming to Windows Universal Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    iOS apps coming to Windows Universal Apps: One thing that didn't get much notice during the Build keynote speech is that Visual Studio 2015 can now build native Objective C apps and target Windows Universal, including the iOS libraries. Apparently, King Games used this to bring Candy Crush Saga to Windows Universal....
  10. No Windows 10 update for Surface RT

in Windows 10 News
    No Windows 10 update for Surface RT: Microsoft will not be releasing full updates of its new Windows 10 operating system for any of its Surface devices running Windows RT or Windows RT 8.1. However, the company has confirmed that it is working on a limited update for Surface devices using Windows RT, which...