Windows 10: Windows Running Slow After Factory Reset

Discus and support Windows Running Slow After Factory Reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My gaming laptop which I've had for about 2 years began running slowly and stuff like steam discord, and chrome would frequently stop responding.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BlackbirdRedwing, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Windows Running Slow After Factory Reset

My gaming laptop which I've had for about 2 years began running slowly and stuff like steam discord, and chrome would frequently stop responding. Naturally I ran chkdsk which temporarily seemed to fix the issue until I ran it again with seemingly no effect. Eventually I decided screw it, backed up important stuff into an external drive and factory reset. Now after less than a day its struggling to run any applications smoothly let alone without "not responding" while also taking ages to open the security options for me to use the task manager which says that the CPU, memory, and disk, arnt maxing.

After the reset I'm unsure what to do to fix the issue as at this point it almost certainly needs to be the hardware.

Any advice is appreciated.

submitted by /u/BlackbirdRedwing
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BlackbirdRedwing, Jul 18, 2020
  2. Guest626 Win User

Laptop has become extremely slow after factory reset

Evening,

I'm havibg an issue with my Hp laptop, it has become really slow after I factory reset it. There was no issue with the laptop prior to the reset and it was quick, now after the reset it takes around 4/5 second to open startup, and cannot run multiple windows
    at once it either becomes really slow or one of the wibdow crashes. I do not remember exactly but I think that when I opened it after reset I was asked to update the software but I am not sure.

What shall I do tp fix this issue?

Guest626, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Paawan Win User
    Windows 10 activation problem after factory reset. Error 0xC004C003

Hi guys.
    I ran into a problem here. I have a slow internet connection. Somehow it upgraded from the pre-installed 8.1 to windows 10 via the media creation tool. I used the upgrade this machine now option.
    Due to some problem I had to get the track pad and the keyboard of the notebook replaced. After that I did a factory reset using the HP Recovery Manager. After coming back to 8.1 i was not able to upgrade via the media creation tool again it just vanished after downloading. The Microsoft Support guy told me it must be due to a bad connection. So I got the .iso from a friend and installed it, I formatted the partition after installing. The upgrade option required a product key I was able to skip that step only in the clean install option. Then I got the key using show key plus and did a factory reset again and used the upgrade option. But it wouldn't activate. Then I did a factory reset again back to 8.1 and used the disk to do a clean install. I skipped the key part but the key its showing is the same one I get from show key plus. Still its not activating.
    Where did I go wrong?

Paawan, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Windows Running Slow After Factory Reset

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows Running Slow After Factory Reset

1. Windows Running Slow After Factory Reset - Similar Threads - Running Slow Factory

2. My laptop is running slow after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is running slow after factory reset: About 5 months ago, I installed a game on my laptop which began to lag after a while and cause my laptop to slow down. Even after deleting it and factory resetting twice, my pc is slightly faster but still slow. My laptop doesn't have a virus. I've tried defragmentation,...
  3. My laptop is running slow after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is running slow after factory reset: About 5 months ago, I installed a game on my laptop which began to lag after a while and cause my laptop to slow down. Even after deleting it and factory resetting twice, my pc is slightly faster but still slow. My laptop doesn't have a virus. I've tried defragmentation,...
  4. My laptop is running slow after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. download speed slows after a factory reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download speed slows after a factory reset.: I recently formated my pc becuase it had alot of useless files and the pc was overall running a bit too slow so after the format i was trying to download the apps and games but whenever i try to download some thing it is so much slower than before i reset the pc for example i...
  6. download speed slows after a factory reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download speed slows after a factory reset.: I recently formated my pc becuase it had alot of useless files and the pc was overall running a bit too slow so after the format i was trying to download the apps and games but whenever i try to download some thing it is so much slower than before i reset the pc for example i...
  7. Windows tremendously slow after resetting pc factory clean reset

Windows tremendously slow after resetting pc factory clean reset: I did factory reset on my PC and everything lags after attempting simple tasks like opening a folder, everything freezes, things going "Not Responding" I tried restarting and I did windows updates. Could barely find videos on the topic...
  8. Slow internet speeds after factory reset

Slow internet speeds after factory reset: Whenever I start a new app, it takes a while before it loads a page from the internet. For instance, I open chrome and it takes a few minutes before I can start browsing, after that wait period browsing speeds are fine. Then if I open edge, the same issue, but after a while...
  9. Wifi very slow after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi very slow after factory reset: I completely reset my laptop cuz it got very slow for some reason and after the reset it got even worse I literally tried everything including resetting again also I know the wifi itself isn't bad because my phone works fine in the same spot...
  10. Laptop running really slow after factory reset help please

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop running really slow after factory reset help please: Hey, i recently factory reset my laptop it is a dell inspiron 5537 i reset it thinking it would become faster than before but i was wrong every single thing has become way slower it takes forever to load chrome and games, before this factory reset i used to play minecraft at...