Windows 10: Windows running slow since update back in April

Discus and support Windows running slow since update back in April in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have been experiencing performance issues with my laptop HP Model 14-dk0599sa with the following specs: Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 3200U with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LP1997, Jun 10, 2020.

1. LP1997 Win User

Windows running slow since update back in April

Hello,

I have been experiencing performance issues with my laptop HP Model 14-dk0599sa with the following specs:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 3200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.60 GHz;

RAM: 4GB;

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor

These issues began with an update in around April 2020 not sure on the exact update name and have had severe impacts on my usability. For example, when trying to play YouTube videos I get stuck on the loading screen not a bandwidth issue as I am getting 30 Mbps on speed check and also get a message saying "If playback doesn't begin shortly try restarting your device" which I have done multiple times but to no avail. I keep this laptop updated and the issues still persist.

Could you please suggest a fix for this as all signs appear to be pointing towards Microsoft updates causing this issue.

Thanks,

LP

:)

LP1997, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 10, 2020
  3. windows 10 running slow

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to run System maintenance troubleshooter.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jun 10, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows running slow since update back in April :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows running slow since update back in April - Similar Threads - running slow since

2. Windows 10 slow since update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 slow since update: windows slowed down since update. How to improve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slow-since-update/307d4015-0c16-45ce-a1cf-539dff478a43
  3. Windows 10 has not updated since the glitchy April update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 has not updated since the glitchy April update: Back in April, Windows released an update that made it impossible for me to update my PC ever since. I've gotten a few error codes in the past, but sadly I haven't saved them and generally skipped the issue because it wasn't so urgent. The update also seems to have made the...
  4. Slow startup since April update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow startup since April update: Windows 10 Home version 2004 Since installing the large April update start up has become very slow. Takes a while after entering pass code and when it does eventually icons on right side of taskbar are not there and you have to wait for them. 157456
  5. Slow start up since April update.

Slow start up since April update.: Windows 10 Home version 2004 Since installing the large April update start up has become very slow. Takes a while after entering pass code and when it does eventually icons on right side of taskbar are not there and you have to wait for them. 157456
  6. Windows 10 updates failing since April of 2019

Windows 10 updates failing since April of 2019: Pick your choice.. Nothing has updated since last April. The updates run incessantly every week for the past year. I have been screaming in the feedback section and nothing is said or done. I have tried some of the suggestions I have found on the web to reset the update...
  7. Black Screen after Update (Since April)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after Update (Since April): I've been trying to update my desktop pc since april, and everytime I restart it to install and apply the update, the screen goes black and I can't do anything past that. Tried the usual fixes (ctrl + alt + del and such) but I can't get it to work. Whenever I force to restart...
  8. Microphone "Unplugged" since April 2018 update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone "Unplugged" since April 2018 update.: Since the april update windows has not been detecting my microphone, I rolled back the update several times but it kept reinstalling despite me taking steps that I thought would block it. Now I have had the update for more than 10 days and am unable to roll back so I need to...
  9. Windows 10 slowed after april 1803 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slowed after april 1803 update: I recently updated my OS to 1803 but after the update, the pc has become really slow. I think it is because of the graphics driver but I can't update them. I use an AMD GPU and I don't know why but some of my games ( Fortnite etc.) can't run properly and some won't run at all...
  10. Windows 10 Update April is Very Slow

Windows 10 Update April is Very Slow: Hello, Windows Team i have problem with Windows 10 Update April 1803 While i Updated my PC is very Slow i don't know why Please help me to fix it. Thanks Regards...