Windows 10: Windows running very sluggish

Discus and support Windows running very sluggish in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I haven't installed or updated anything recently, yet for some reason windows is running very sluggish. It starts up in about 10 seconds, (Due to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by killadude13, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Windows running very sluggish

I haven't installed or updated anything recently, yet for some reason windows is running very sluggish. It starts up in about 10 seconds, (Due to my SSD) And signs me in just fine. Once I click firefox or the start button though, it hangs for about 10-30 seconds, then does what I told it to. But however, once I'm in a tab on firefox, it's fine, (same for discord, once I open that it runs fine.) All my games still load just fine, and when opening programs and firefox, with my task manager open on my other monitor, my CPU never goes above 30% utilization. and my disk usage stays pretty low.

:)

killadude13, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

PC Sluggish After Waking From Sleep

Thank you for the update.

"Could it be that their drivers are not compatible with my current Windows build?" - Yes, there's a possibility that's why you're experiencing some performance issue.

Another thing, some users have reported that the possible reason why their computers are sluggish is fast startup (enabled by default). We may try disabling the fast startup, then check if the issue will still occur. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
    • Click Save changes.

And we also suggest checking the Processes and Performance in Task Manager if you feel your computer is sluggish.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, Jul 11, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Windows running very sluggish

Server is running really sluggish

no it performs the same when I am there ... It was sluggish before I left and was sluggish while I remoted in.

copenhagen69, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows running very sluggish

1. Windows running very sluggish - Similar Threads - running very sluggish

2. Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue: Since today i have an issue with the file explorer.Whenever i click something be it folder or any files its even worse with folder and even happens on empty folders for 2-3 seconds theres a constant swapping of loading circle to my mouse cursor until the file is officially...
  3. Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish: I have revently purchased Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with windows 11 4GB RAM. When I started using this i got frustrated with the system. It is very slow and sluggish. It initially takes 10 minutes to boot then after to use any applications i have to wait for lot of time. When i...
  4. Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish: I have revently purchased Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with windows 11 4GB RAM. When I started using this i got frustrated with the system. It is very slow and sluggish. It initially takes 10 minutes to boot then after to use any applications i have to wait for lot of time. When i...
  5. Laptop running very hot and sluggish, even a while after start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop running very hot and sluggish, even a while after start up: I have been having this problem for a while now, but haven't found a solution to this yet. Every time after I start up my laptop, the CPU temperature instantly goes to 95°C and the performance is not great. Stuttering animations and even my mouse pointer on screen is skipping...
  6. Laptop running very hot and sluggish, even a while after start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop running very hot and sluggish, even a while after start up: I have been having this problem for a while now, but haven't found a solution to this yet. Every time after I start up my laptop, the CPU temperature instantly goes to 95°C and the performance is not great. Stuttering animations and even my mouse pointer on screen is skipping...
  7. Windows 1909 running very sluggish apparently due to Power Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 1909 running very sluggish apparently due to Power Service: I upgraded to version 1909 last week and the system ran fine until this morning when it started running very sluggish. I tried running Malwarebytes, but it spent 35 minutes looking for updates before I terminated it. Most programs take minutes to start up. MS Visual Studio...
  8. Windows randomly becomes very slow and sluggish

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows randomly becomes very slow and sluggish: It happens very rarely, maybe once per 2 months but it usually happens when PC had been running for a while. Windows becomes very slow and unresponsive, programs take ages to open. I thought this was maybe a memory leak but task manager shows low cpu/ram usage. In fact,...
  9. Very sluggish in games/fps drops

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very sluggish in games/fps drops: Hi guys, and Happy Holidays :) I'm at witts end with this thing, I updated to the October 1809 update, but can't remember if the issue started before that, in games I have lost at least half of the FPS I used to get, for example, in Euro Truck Sim 2 I used to get 140...
  10. Windows 10 Acting Very Sluggish

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Acting Very Sluggish: This problem showed up yesterday, I think. Windows 10 boot-up time on my computer is normally very fast (dual SSD raid). After I type in my Pin, there's not even a second delay before I'm able to click around and launch apps. But now, for some strange reason, the desktop...