Windows 10: Windows runs great with 1709 version, but is extremely slow with 20H2 update. What seems to...

Discus and support Windows runs great with 1709 version, but is extremely slow with 20H2 update. What seems to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows becomes so slow that I literally have to wait minutes to do simple tasks like opening up a browser, or file explorer, or even simply right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RAyLV, Dec 29, 2020.

1. /u/RAyLV Win User

Windows runs great with 1709 version, but is extremely slow with 20H2 update. What seems to...

Windows becomes so slow that I literally have to wait minutes to do simple tasks like opening up a browser, or file explorer, or even simply right click on the desktop.

In the task manager, it shows 100% disk usage, and the services that are mostly at play here are "system, "antimalware service executable".

I can't even tell what the issue really is. I was thinking it may be because of of my HDD, since I don't have any SSD in my system. But windows works fine with previous build versions.

submitted by /u/RAyLV
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RAyLV, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Al Burc Win User

Unable to update Window 10 Pro version 1607 to version 1709

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1607 to the latest version 1709 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer
    • Ran the DISM.exe
    Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101 - 0x30018
    • 0x900704c7
    Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you

Al Burc, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Al Burc Win User
    Unable to update Windows 10 Pro version 1709 to 1803

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1709 to the latest version 1803 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer

Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101
    • 0x80070643

Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you.

Al Burc, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Windows runs great with 1709 version, but is extremely slow with 20H2 update. What seems to...

Windows 10 version 20H2

I down loaded windows 10 version 20H2 and now many games I play on FB are VERY slow. The games worked ok on version 2004. Question if I down load version 2004 will it override version 20H2, or do I need to remove version 20H2 prior to downloading version
    2004?

Thanks.

Richard Alan, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows runs great with 1709 version, but is extremely slow with 20H2 update. What seems to...

1. Windows runs great with 1709 version, but is extremely slow with 20H2 update. What seems to... - Similar Threads - runs great 1709

2. Windows 10 running extremely slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 running extremely slow.: The windows installed on my desktop Lenovo All in One running extremely slow. I have observed most of the time either updates are downloading or installing. It takes 10-15 minutes to open any app. I am giving preference for updates but it will make system so slow then what is...
  3. Windows 10 running extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 running extremely slow.: The windows installed on my desktop Lenovo All in One running extremely slow. I have observed most of the time either updates are downloading or installing. It takes 10-15 minutes to open any app. I am giving preference for updates but it will make system so slow then what is...
  4. Windows 10 running extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows File Explorer running extremely slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer running extremely slow: Hi All!I have been having trouble with file explorer over the past 3 months, with it running extremely slow. It will take upwards of 40 seconds to go from one folder to the next. I have tried resetting explorer and indexing my files with no success. I also attempted to stop...
  6. Windows File Explorer running extremely slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer running extremely slow: Hi All!I have been having trouble with file explorer over the past 3 months, with it running extremely slow. It will take upwards of 40 seconds to go from one folder to the next. I have tried resetting explorer and indexing my files with no success. I also attempted to stop...
  7. Computer running extremely slow after latest update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer running extremely slow after latest update.: After I switch off last night to install update and turn on this morning, it takes forever for anything to start up and some apps don't start. submitted by /u/league_of_demacia [link] [comments]...
  8. computer running extremely slow

computer running extremely slow: computer running extremely slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-extremely-slow/26b8dc66-77ca-43d2-8036-74b46f9e0ec6
  9. laptop running extremely slow

laptop running extremely slow: The current format of Microsoft 10 running on the laptop is so large that it takes up 90% of the available data of the computer and severely slows it down. Is there a smaller laptop version I can run or a deferent operation IOS that would be more suitable for a computer with...
  10. "Not responding"/running extremely slow

"Not responding"/running extremely slow: I have an Asus laptop running on Windows 10. Recently it's been booting up EXTREMELY slow as well as running slow. Also, when I have programs open (doesn't matter which ones) it will come up as "not responding" in the middle of using it. I recently ran sfc/scanned via command...