Windows 10: windows runs slow performing simple tasks...task manager says 100% disk usage at about...

Discus and support windows runs slow performing simple tasks...task manager says 100% disk usage at about... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Windows is running super slow when performing simple tasks and the task manager says that the disk usage is 100%. But while saying this it also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Morris_254, Oct 1, 2022.

1. windows runs slow performing simple tasks...task manager says 100% disk usage at about...

Hello, Windows is running super slow when performing simple tasks and the task manager says that the disk usage is 100%. But while saying this it also says that write/read is at under 5MB/s.However the disk goes to 60MB/s when I play a game. It takes quite some time till the game starts but then it works fine.My amateur guess is that windows somehow gets the wrong information, that the disk is at max capacity at unter 5MB/s and thus it is not speedig up.I just noticed that a process called something with "anti-malware" used over 100MB/s. That would speak against my guess.Laptop: Acer VN7-592g-

:)

Morris_254, Oct 1, 2022

2. Task manager showing disk usage 100%

100% disk usage can have many causes.

What are the top 5 processes listed in the task manager using the disk?

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 1, 2022
  3. odedidush Win User
    Windows 10 100% disk usage in Task Manager

Hi,
    i have dell inspiron 15 , 5000 series , OS is windows 10 64 bit.

Recently i had a problem at the laptop:
    Disk utilization is quite constant at 100% even though no program runs parallel and there is no traffic between the hard disk and the external device.
    I searched in Google for solutions and found this issue quite common in Windows 10. I tried all the options from the solutions offered in the links but without any success :
    1. Windows 10 100% disk usage in Task Manager [SOLVED] - Driver Easy
    2. How to Fix: 100% Disk Usage on Windows 10 Task Manager

I also tried to run a disk repair on Windows 10 and even "Reset to default" of the windows which means getting clean operating system - deleting all the files that I had and that did not help either.
    Still after booting the computer and during work the disk utilization is 100% fand the computer is very very slow.
    Do you have a solution?
    Is the hard disk malformed and is this what causes windows to show 100% disk utilization ?

windows runs slow performing simple tasks...task manager says 100% disk usage at about... [​IMG]

odedidush, Oct 1, 2022
  4. windows runs slow performing simple tasks...task manager says 100% disk usage at about...

Task manager shows disk usage at hundred percent and performance is slow

Please do this:

1. Launch the Task Manager
    2. Click Details
    3. Click the CPU column header
    4. Make sure the biggest load is visible at the top of the list
    5. Use snippingtool.exe to create a snapshot of the frame
    6. Save the snapshot to the desktop, then attach it to your reply.

Frederik Long, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

windows runs slow performing simple tasks...task manager says 100% disk usage at about...

1. windows runs slow performing simple tasks...task manager says 100% disk usage at about... - Similar Threads - runs slow performing

2. Disk usage in task manager always at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk usage in task manager always at 100%: I have a HP Pavilion 15 cs1063cl. I have been using it for 4 years. I keep having issues with the disk being 100% all the time. I faced many problems trying to resolve this which brought new problems. But in the end I made a Clean Installation. Even now the disk is still in...
  3. windows runs slow performing simple tasks...task manager says 100% disk usage at about...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows runs slow performing simple tasks...task manager says 100% disk usage at about...: Hello, Windows is running super slow when performing simple tasks and the task manager says that the disk usage is 100%. But while saying this it also says that write/read is at under 5MB/s.However the disk goes to 60MB/s when I play a game. It takes quite some time till the...
  4. windows runs slow performing simple tasks...task manager says 100% disk usage at about...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows runs slow performing simple tasks...task manager says 100% disk usage at about...: Hello, Windows is running super slow when performing simple tasks and the task manager says that the disk usage is 100%. But while saying this it also says that write/read is at under 5MB/s.However the disk goes to 60MB/s when I play a game. It takes quite some time till the...
  5. Task manager says CPU usage is at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager says CPU usage is at 100%: HELP!Task manager says my CPU is at 100% usage but dragon center says it is only at 2% what is going on and how can I fix it?I have a decently powerful CPURyzen 7 3800x so I don't know why I am having this problem. I have increased the Fan speed as seen in the screenshot...
  6. Task manager says CPU usage is at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager says CPU usage is at 100%: HELP!Task manager says my CPU is at 100% usage but dragon center says it is only at 2% what is going on and how can I fix it?I have a decently powerful CPURyzen 7 3800x so I don't know why I am having this problem. I have increased the Fan speed as seen in the screenshot...
  7. Task manager says that my disk usage is 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task manager says that my disk usage is 100%: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Perrydasher123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mddwcf/task_manager_says_that_my_disk_usage_is_100/
  8. 100% Disk Usage in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% Disk Usage in Task Manager: Hi people of the r/windows 10 subreddit. I've had this problem for about a week now where the disk usage is at 100% constantly in the task manager. After a few minutes it goes down a bit but when I launch an app it almost instantly goes back to 100%. I tried a lot of fixes...
  9. Disk usage 100 % in task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk usage 100 % in task Manager: my disk usage in task manger reaches to 100 % in very short intervals and the system become unresponsive. this problem is from day 1 in my system. I have read lots of solution on internet but nothing helps. Now I have final done a reset of windows by formatting complete...
  10. Task manager showing disk usage 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager showing disk usage 100%: I have reset my laptop to factory settings still task manger showing disk usage 100 %. response is too slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-showing-disk-usage-100/ba3a557c-6680-4218-a375-12fb649c58a5