Windows 10: "Windows S" identifiers for operating system detection

Discus and support "Windows S" identifiers for operating system detection in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We have a very customer who runs our assessment agents for windows systems. However, the agent runs privileged OS commands (like wmic) and the app is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Rodney Lacroix, Oct 31, 2018.

1. "Windows S" identifiers for operating system detection

We have a very customer who runs our assessment agents for windows systems. However, the agent runs privileged OS commands (like wmic) and the app is not available on the Windows Store.

Typically we can identify operating systems by sniffing the DHCP fingerprints of the client or even using the User Agent string in the browser sessions.

However, I've looked at the Windows S fingerprint and user agent strings from my HP laptop running Windows S and cannot find any discernible identifiers that show the os as Windows S.

As such, clients connecting to our customer's network that requires they have an assessment agent installed are pretty much screwed. Normally we can bypass such issues by setting up rules that say "if device is OS-type-x then don't require the agent" and bypass the assessment. We cannot do that with Windows S.

Is there anything - DHCP, user agent string, anything, that identifies the operating system separately as Windows S? This is pretty urgent for us so any information is hugely appreciated.

:)

Rodney Lacroix, Oct 31, 2018
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Oct 31, 2018
  3. operating system

Hi Raymond,

We would like to clarify further what exactly is happening with your device and what is the exact issue you're encountering so that we can suggest troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern. Kindly provide answers to the questions below to better
    isolate your issue:

• Did you need help in installing an OS on your device or did you mean to say that your device stopped working and the OS is not detected?
    • What is the device that you're using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Oct 31, 2018
  4. "Windows S" identifiers for operating system detection

' choose an operation system to start"

Hi Bob,

To better assist you, do let us the complete message that you receive.

Sometimes, this could be due to two operating system installed in your computer. Just to make sure this is not the case, I suggest you to try the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Click the "boot" tab and check if there are any other operating system listed.

4. In addition, change the timeout time to 3 seconds(default)

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

"Windows S" identifiers for operating system detection

1. "Windows S" identifiers for operating system detection - Similar Threads - identifiers operating system

2. Windows operating system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows operating system: If you have installed windows operating system on hardrive D does desktop, recycle bin and downloads be apart of D drive or C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-operating-system/f517a89e-4a00-4cc7-b9dd-4d9a753ee77e
  3. Windows operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows operating system: If you have installed windows operating system on hardrive D does desktop, recycle bin and downloads be apart of D drive or C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-operating-system/f517a89e-4a00-4cc7-b9dd-4d9a753ee77e
  4. We identify the issue on SendInput method on win Api for windows 11 operating system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We identify the issue on SendInput method on win Api for windows 11 operating system.: We identify the issue on SendInput method on win Api for windows 11 operating system. When we send keycode to sendinput method through janapnse key layout on half-width alphanumericIME we identified that first keycode is send remainig keycode are not send properly and prints...
  5. We identify the issue on SendInput method on win Api for windows 11 operating system.

We identify the issue on SendInput method on win Api for windows 11 operating system.: We identify the issue on SendInput method on win Api for windows 11 operating system. When we send keycode to sendinput method through janapnse key layout on half-width alphanumericIME we identified that first keycode is send remainig keycode are not send properly and prints...
  6. Operating system: Unknown on Unknown Local Disk and Total Identified Windows Installations:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operating system: Unknown on Unknown Local Disk and Total Identified Windows Installations:...: I was running window 7 on a 500 Gig hard drive with 2 partitions. the computer suddenly stopped booting and tried to install win 10 using USB, but something when wrong,...
  7. Operating system: Unknown on Unknown Local Disk and Total Identified Windows Installations:...

Operating system: Unknown on Unknown Local Disk and Total Identified Windows Installations:...: I was running window 7 on a 500 Gig hard drive with 2 partitions. the computer suddenly stopped booting and tried to install win 10 using USB, but something when wrong,...
  8. Deleted Operating System appearing in Windows 10's Boot Menu.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted Operating System appearing in Windows 10's Boot Menu.: I had a dual boot PC with Windows 10 and Windows 7 installed. Recently I felt that I no longer require Windows 7 so thought of deleting it. I deleted Windows 7 from System Configuration and then formatted the partition containing Win 7. However, now I am noticing that the...
  9. Windows operating system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows operating system: What is this product: 00325-95940-90997-AA0EM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-operating-system/3ac6f165-68b3-42ed-98a9-74fc2c079ac4
  10. Windows 10 "No Operating Systems Detected" After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 "No Operating Systems Detected" After Upgrade: So, actually my computer is custom-built. (Side-Note, I have no installation disk) I was upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium. As soon as Windows 10 came up I decided to do a fresh install because of previous drivers may not be compatible with windows 10. I...